Relapsed and am struggling to keep cool

I relapsed after 5 months and beating myself up pretty bad

7 Likes

Dang man thats tough. Its going to get better.

Maybe you just needed to prove one last time alcohol has nothing to offer you.

2 Likes

You’ve come to the right place. I’ve been exactly where you are right now. Not a great feeling. The fact you’re upset about it is actually good though. It is hard letting yourself down, but it makes me believe sobriety is what you want. These things happen. Keep trying and figure out what works for you. Find ways to avoid this from happening again.

Read around here and seek the advice from those with many years under their belt. This was my only sober outlet my first 2 months. Many people here suggested AA and I finally decided to go to a meeting. It changed my life and helped me deal with all of my regrets and made me grow as a person. Not sure if you’ve ever been, but it definitely helped me :100:

You won’t feel this way forever. Jump back on the wagon and keep moving forward. All the best!

5 Likes

Just start again tomorrow a new day…
It is hard to shake the feeling shit mood but your here …we can only keep tryin xxxx

3 Likes

This just means you get to start fresh again, a new journey of discovery. I hope Tomorrow is a better day for you! Stay with the positive thoughts.

1 Like

I relapsed two weeks ago and today is my first day sober again. Youre not alone in your slips, we’re all here to help lift each other back up again. I was feeling the same along with all the shame and countless negative feelings towards myself, but the biggest one to be proud of is youre still trying! Stay strong, youve reached out to a group that will support you and thats a hell of a battle to concoure right there. Give yourself credit for facing your slip and you should be proud of yourself for trying again!
Best wishes

1 Like

What happened? What were you doing to keep sober? What needs to change this time around?

Thanls for the love. I went to N.A meeting a year or so ago. Maybe I’ll start again

1 Like

My outlook needs good think about

1 Like

Plenty here on this forum to help with that. Be active, participate and read…it will help