Relapsed another time

Feeling so frustrated at myself for relapsing again. Stayed out by myself with strangers. didn’t come home until 6am and then i peed the bed. Never been that bad before that I’ve wet the bed, but it wasnt like I had blacked out.

Just feeling embarassed and ashamed of myself for relapsing again

3 Likes

Glad you’re back.
Sometimes it takes time for the mind and body to get use to the idea of getting sober. But we keep trying. Sometimes it can be a process of trying and trying and trying again and again until you get it. It’s hard work and it’s not easy.

Glad you made it back this time. The reality is some don’t get another chance.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

thank you for the kind words

1 Like

I stumbled across this the other day. I think this is the episode. I listen to a lot of recovery podcasts. But this was the first time with this one. Check it out if you’re willing.

2 Likes

This relapse is very similar to your previous one.

Do you see the pattern here? Sobriety is not going to stick if you keep doing the same thing expecing different results. Getting off that merry-go-round is difficult for all of us. I had to get out of my comfort zone and try something different and when that didn’t work, I tried something else. Finally, I surrendered and asked for help. As long as you have the willingness, the help is out there.

10 Likes

Thank you for being sharing so bravely, stick with us, keep talking…you are not alone you have all of us here…sending love and hugs :heart::people_hugging:

4 Likes

Yes it’s 100% a pattern for me. I go a few weeks sober, then i almost forget or think i can just have a few drinks and that I won’t take it too far but it never ends up that way. i’m looking at going to some in person aa meetings, hoping that seeing people face to face will help me more

4 Likes

I didn’t think my drinking was bad enough to warrant going to AA meetings but when I looked for similarities rather than differences, I knew I was in the right place. At first, I thought meetings alone would keep me sober but it turns out, the friendships and step work are just as important. Wishing you the best on your journey.

9 Likes

Thank you for this :pray:t2:

3 Likes

that makes a lot of sense to me, trying to look at the similarities. i do worry sometimes that i dont ‘qualify’ to be going to aa meetings, but i think that’s just the anxious side of my brain talking

4 Likes

We all qualify if we have the desire to not drink.

It’s funny how we are all so different. I got 4 years sobriety and I’m just now starting to go to AA meetings and think I don’t fit in. I am still finding it uncomfortable. I haven’t been to many yet. But I get a little nugget here. Or a great slogan there. Or I can relate to this share. I can take what I like and leave the rest. And what Lisa just said. Look for the similarities. I needed to hear that today.

5 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help ,helped me stay sober wish you well

4 Likes