Relapsed nearing in day 9

I felt so ashamed. I felt like everything I had worked for was all but a waste. More than anything, I felt disappointed at myself for succumbing to such short term pleasure.

On the bright side, this has been the longest I’ve been able to hold out for. 8 days and 15 hours. I’m not feeling okay and probably won’t be for awhile, but I will stand up again, and try.

5 Likes

8 days is an amazing accomplishment.

What can you do differently this time to get past 8 days?

1 Like

Don’t make this a long-term relapse. Get right back on the sobriety train.

1 Like

All you can do is keep trying. We’ve all been there. Forgive yourself and get back on that sobriety horse :hugs: you can do this. I’m back on day 2 after numerous relapses. Be kind to yourself

1 Like

Worst thing you can do is focus on the relapse . That self pity will keep you in this relapse mode . No one can take your clean days away from you. Keep ya head up!

1 Like

That’s all any of us can work towards when we stumble the hope and determination to try just one more time and if that one more time takes 100 trys so be it.your trying and learning your get there mate be gentle with yourself and keep an open mind and a willingness to do anything it takes to stay clean.:rainbow: