Relapsed with nicotine

BUT, I’m now 4 hours and 25 mins clean!! I’m feeling like I want to vape so bad but I have to control myself!

5 Likes

Nicotine is such a hard one! I smoked cigarettes for 20 years and vaped some in those years when trying to quit cigs. I’ve been cigarette free almost 6 years now. It is so worth it to ditch the habit. You can do it! The first week is the hardest

4 Likes

Keep at it your crack it :+1: the times got to be right to hold it together and quit , your find that moment

I did

Took me a bunch of tries to quit dipping. Keep at it.

1 Like

60 a day guy but i was going to the gym and smoking didnt help , vape wasnt a word then . that was in October 1987 approx a year after i stopped booze

I was a mega chain smoker starting from a young age. I made sure I had two full packs of cigarettes just for a day’s work. I tried to quit many times. Each time helped me to learn about myself and the addiction.

Cigarettes became way too expensive. When I started I was bying them for .30 to .50 cents a pack. I thought .50 cents was outrageous. Cigarette machines were everywhere easy for minors to buy. Smoking was allowed EVERYWHERE including airplanes, busses, grocery stores before the crackdown. My lungs felt like crap.

They got too expensive. I finally quit for good when generics were 1.00 dollar a pack. Wow. SO expensive! LOL. Regulare cigarettes were getting up there though, 2.00 to 3.00 dollars a pack I think.

I was also a heavy duty beer drinker. Beer and cigarettes go deliciously well together. I am still battling the alcohol however.

One thing that helped me is actually counter-intuitive. (I had stopped smoking at work and that helped but I made up for it immediately after work.) But I quit in the afternoon instead of the next morning. Got home from work, smoked up, and then quit by about 4.00 PM.

I didn’t think I’d get any sleep but I did. I think what really helped was the fact that an hour or so after work I had 24 hours under my belt! PLUS, sleep time is a FREE 8 hours. Very encouraging to me.

Also, I quit on a Friday and felt sick from the horrific withdrawals and just laid in bed for 3 days. The first 3 days are the worst for me. After 3 days I had siginificant time invested and earned and was able to continue.

After the first 2 weeks the real battle begins! The mind game. The physical part is actually easier because you’re fighting something physical. The habit is more like an invisible phantom. Everything I did I smoked a cigarette. Drink of water, cigarette. Anything and everything. They were my constant companions. All the time smoking non-stop.

I made it and am so glad I did. Not a trace of desire anymore and they now stink to me.

Now, if I can only do the same thing with the alcohol!

Hope this long-winded post helps.

1 Like