Relapsed 😞

So I was 2 weeks sober and had drinks last night as we were out for my birthday and I’m so disappointed with myself. I had 5 drinks. But raging cos could have went much worse. Day 0 again. I can do this and need to put yesterday behind me

19 Likes

One day at a time you can be sober again! Remember how disappointed you are about drinking! Have a good sober life, ODAAT, just for today!

5 Likes

You can do this, 2 weeks is a good start. Do not let you going down and believe in yourself.

Be proud of your intense desire of give up alcohol.

Good luck!

5 Likes

DRINKING - What were you hoping to gain?
What did you gain?

SOBRIETY - What are you hoping to gain?
What are you prepared to do to get it?

8 Likes

That’s how easy it is to slip. You were focused going in, you hit that banana peel and the rest is history.

Don’t beat yourself up too bad. Do it enough to remember. This is when we need to pay attention to what happened. How it didn’t really give us the pleasure we thought it would. Re-group and make changes we weren’t willing to do before. You probably had some reservations about drinking. Reservations will get you drunk every time.

On the bright side, your sobriety date and your birthday are close enough to celebrate together next year. That’s pretty cool! Its rare. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who has that. I’d want to keep that!

8 Likes

In your previous post you said “But it will be a real test but I hope I pass.” You had the wrong attitude going in. Hope will never keep us sober. It takes a lot of hard work which is an action. Ask yourself what actions you will take moving forward to prevent another relapse. For me, those action are to work my AA program and come to this forum on a daily basis.

14 Likes

Happy birthday , maybe try a meeting might help ,i was told to stay away from places were there was drink in my early days till i got strong in my sobriety , if you still hang about these places you will lift a drink wish you well

2 Likes

Its not wether you fall or not its all about getting back up looking back seeing what tripped you up and avoiding it this time if i can do this anyone can keep it in 24 and take care of the small things so that God will take care of the big things

2 Likes

I think it might help to look at the positive that you realized the relapse for what it was and are ready to start again. I have had relapses that lasted weeks, months, even years. Resetting quickly is a step in the right direction.

2 Likes

That’s right. No self pity. You know where and how you weakened. Bounce back with that knowledge so you can defeat cravings and lousy thinking. Armed with knowledge you’re stronger for the next round.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday :tada: It’s a new day! Don’t beat yourself up about it! I know it sucks I have been there more times than I can count! You got this! :hugs:

2 Likes