Relapsed! :(

So today is July 1st, and last night more like mid evening my thoughts told me to go buy the $10 of vodka and $3 something for o.j. i drank that b4 5pm… And I’ve been up since 6am!!! Wtf! The med im on aint working how i thought it would… Bt i heard that it takes 2-7days for the med that I’m on to take full affect… So im on day 6 with the med I’m on… I just want to quit fuckin drinking man :weary:

2 Likes

Is the medicine to help stop you from drinking?

Well done for posting @Char281990. This is so hard. My drink of choice is also vodka and like you, I drink fast!!

I had to restart the other day. Now I’m on day 2 and glad to be sober again. Still managed to miss a day of work because I felt so rough and been so angry with myself since.

We just have to keep trying. It’s such an addictive substance and always takes us by surprise. Well done for getting to 6 days. This time make it more!

I wish you well and all the luck in the world. :muscle:

1 Like

Is there anyone you can call, like from AA? It’s hard to do it solo.

3 Likes

Try to find a way to cope with those thoughts. If it isnt in the house that is already a good step, you just have to fight the urge to go all the way put and get it. Do you ha e any friends or family you can call for support? Any way to make a list or note to yourself to reconfirm the reasons you want to quit? Any good hobbies you can dive into when you get the urge to get your mind off of it? Those things can help, just have to find what works and it has to be something. You can’t go into the fight every day unarmed! Good luck to you!

2 Likes

Hi Charlene,

Unfortunately there is no easy way out, taking a tablet will not make you stop drinking but can help depending on your own actions.
If it is Campral that you were speaking about the other day then it can help with cravings etc but usually won’t work if you continue to drink while on them.
Sadly anything prescribed to help with alcohol is only a support mechanism and will not do the job for you, have you tried other things to help with stopping?
Staying with someone who you trust…
AA meeting…
Bath…
Eating chocolate/ice cream…

It’s not easy to stop without help but with help it is possible, maybe something different to your usual routine and keep searching for works :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Yes but counseling is also to b paired with it as well…which im also doing…