Relapsing again and again

I’m relapsing again and again.
What can I do now ?
I can’t stop.

1 Like

Can go go to an AA meeting via Zoom? I could not stop on my own – you are not alone. Also, welcome to the forum! Lots of insight and inspiration here.

No meetings

What have you been using?

I endured my last detox. Mine was alcohol. I drank plenty of water and ate the best i could.

I came to this forum frequently and it helped me alot. Its been 151 days ago.

I stay away from alcohol, including people places and things.

I go to meetings when i can.

I continue to come here frequently.

You can do this! :muscle:

4 Likes

I’m finding it very difficult

Why no meetings @785? Totally anonymous especially if you keep camera turned off on Zoom. I am not trying to push, just challenge you a little.

Are you drinking now? Can you throw it out if you are? You can do this!

Tell me about meetings.
And benefits of meetings.

Ive relapsed alot of times. The last couple scared me. I call my last relapse my final relapse.

I reached out here while i was still drunk. Managed to not drink through detox, and have had to focus on my thinking.

My thinking always tricks me into that first drink, or drug. Its the first drink i have to avoid. I do that one day at a time. They add up.

I stay away from temptation in all forms. Some days are harder than otheres. Some days are really easy. Ive been accomplishing sobriety goals too.

That helps my thinking stay positive about recovery.

Glad your here

For me, (and others i know) meetings are where we come together and share our experience, strength and hope. Meetings are where I see folks just like me and I focus on the similarities and not the differences. Meetings for me are healthy, keep me going with purpose and most importantly remind me what I am and that I don’t have to do this shit alone anymore.

Meetings help too

Tell me how to attend meetings. Online meetings.

It took me 8 years of trying to get 5 weeks sober (my previous streak was a few days). Maybe I’m not the best person to give advice, but I can try. Can I ask you a few questions?

Are you healthy enough to quit?

How much, how often, and what are you using?

Weed cigarettes . Idk how to quit.

You are only using weed and cigarettes?

It is sharing people’s experience, strength and hope that helps me from going to meetings. There is a topic in this forum on Zoom meetings-- you can search for it using the magnifying glass at the top. To participate, you can download the Zoom app for free on your device or computer and then use the meeting link. Mic can be on or off, as can camera. Let it us know how it goes if you decide to go to one. I’m rooting for you.

Yes. Only weed and cigarettes.

Send me some links.

I was trying to copy a link to the thread and it didn’t work. I will go to the thread instead and tag you.

On the plus side, you can just stop right now and you don’t have to worry about dying from withdrawals.

I don’t have any advice on quitting those two things. They haven’t ruined my life like alcohol did.

1 Like