Relapsing and loneliness

I am here because my life has fallen apart AGAIN. Last year I had my first relapse and been relapsing ever since. At the time of the relapse, I was 7 months sober. Decided a few weeks ago to get back sober. Went to AA picked up my 1st 24 hour coin. Lost my job after 3 days of being sober and relapsed back again. Fell out with roommate and moved out of her house to move back in with mom. Birthday is in a few days and I question my existence and my purpose. I think I lost my insurance. Idk what to do, pushing my family away, my friends away. I just want to save my life. Things wasnt supposed to be this way. Currently just working for Lyft. I feel so alone.

1 Like

Been there. Went 8 months and fell off. Thing is, only you can change it. Yes, life is dealing you shitty cards right now, but it’s only happening bc you CAN handle it. It’s ok to start over. Go move in with your mom. Drive for Lyft. Stay sober. Find another job in your field. Go to your AA meetings or whatever you do to stay sober. You can do this!

1 Like

Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. Life can do that for sure. You are making progress though, keep going to meetings, moving in with your Mom is a good step…can help you get back to where you want to be. Take it one day and one step at a time. Most importantly, remember, anything worth having is worth working hard and fighting for…especially sobriety.

I know I had to learn new ways of coping with sadness and stress and all that life can bring instead of falling into a bottle and pretending it didn’t exist.

You are on the right path. Hit your meetings and build that sober toolbox up. :heartpulse:

1 Like