Relaspe, need advise plz

I just cant seem to shake this stupid craving.
Im good for about 90 days sometimes up to 180 days then I relapse.
I say EVERYTHING to talk myself out of it but it never works. Then when morning hits, my heart is racing, I have an extreme headache and cant go to sleep for hours.
What do i do. Plz i need help!!!

8 Likes

Thank you!!! This is going to help me so much!
There is Sooooo much that triggers my cravings.
I relapsed this weekend and today I still feel fatigued and not wanting to do ANYTHING. When I have to get up to work. I appreciate this grid so much. I will make a to do list to do everyday.

6 Likes

Dont crave alone. Tried AA, SMART, or another program? Get more active on here?

4 Likes

I am definitely going to be more active on here.
Everyone seems to be so supportive. Its very refreshing and emotional at the same time.
Thank you

9 Likes

Im up at all different hours. And work nights at a treatment center so I’m available when your struggling to fall asleep. The fact that your making it 60 to 90 days is a great sign, but something is nagging you… Ill help u anyway I can. Just message me. Love ya Sis, ( sister in sobriety ) :heart:

4 Likes

Did you have a sober/clean support group/network before?

2 Likes

Wow what a blessing.
I most definitely will.
Thank you

It’s a very familiar pattern in my struggle with alcohol just going 90 days and then the voice says it’s fine just a glass. Won’t hurt. Never works. How many times does this have to happen before I say no. Not true. Guess it’s truly the nature of our addiction. Good info on breaking habits. Got to completely change my thinking also. Cleaning house is good and avoid being bored during all this COVID This morning went out for a coffee instead of having it at home. Just never give up! Keep on trying. The voice is trying to get you back into drinking. I’m only into my 3rd day. I drank on weekend too. Trying again

1 Like

Hi T,

I know those cravings all to well…they come out of nowhere, but like many folks have mentioned if you have a game plan set your going to be in much better shape to fight off the feeling.

I do a lot of reading…one of my favorites: Quit Like a Woman. I also come here daily to read and to encourage…I find that the engagement keeps me accountable. Kinda hard to come here and motivate if you aren’t walking the walk. I also walk…cold or not, I move. It’s really helpful and just makes ya feel good.

Do self care sessions if your home and the witch whispers…you give yourself a facial, soak in a hot bath, etc.

Distractions are great for any point of recovery and I have found that those distractions are just routines at this point, and I feel out of sorts if I don’t do them.

Your gonna get beyond the 90…the fact that you make to that point is solid proof that you can do anything you want to do…you just have to want it, and fight!

You’re stronger than you know, and I’m looking forward to chatting!

Blessings!

:blush::raised_hands:t2::sun_with_face::ocean:

1 Like

That was very touching​:heart::cry:
Thank you!!!:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:
Im just getting to a point where I want to get up out of bed, let alone do anything else.
I am working on a routine right now.
I want to do so many things. I know I will get there. I know I will and my routine right now is to log on to this app at least 6xs a day and just read and read, to feel encouraged. To feel empowered now that I can get through another day just by the responses i am getting. The support I am getting right now is overwhelmingly satisfying and I feel a bit settled to know there are others in my shoes that can relate and we can share our struggles together but also encourage without feeling judged or embarssed for feeling a certain way and not be misunderstood. Hope that makes sense.
I do feel blessed to have joined such a great group of ppl.
You all are truly the blessed ones.
:heart::two_hearts::pray::sun_with_face:

I dont have 1

1 Like

Well you do now! Having a support network is paramount to success in sobriety. We can’t do it alone, so we need to lean on each other and help one another through the tough days.

I’m glad you’re here!

2 Likes

Thank you.
I am really glad as well.

2 Likes

Yes thanks for sharing this grid. Very helpful

2 Likes

Makes :100: sense :grinning:

Be patient with yourself; especially in the beginning…make your goals manageable for you in this moment, and the stronger you feel the more you can incorporate…I equate my personal journey to the tale called the: Tortoise and the Hare…me being the Tortoise; slow and steady wins this race, and always know your never alone.

This is hard work…it took a minute to get here, so it’s gonna take some time to journey this road, and you’ll have bumps, twists and turns…but if you stay open, receptive and focused you’ll get where you need to go. Just takes some time is all.

These first steps of picking yourself up, and acknowledging that it’s time to turn the page is one of the toughest, and YOUR doing it…I’m proud of you, and so happy for you! Remember, you’re stronger than you know, your brave and you can do this! Fight for you, because YOU are worth fighting for!

When I finally realized that fact I think I finally knew walking away from booze was possible.

You will too! Listen, if you ever need to talk…drop me a line. I may not answer right away, but I’ll be there as soon as I can!

You got a great group here, and I know you’ll be an awesome addition!

HUGS

:blush::raised_hands:t2::ocean::sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Thank you
Those words are the beginning of a new chapter for me.
:two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

I’m praying for you stay strong :heart:

1 Like

Thank you☺
Stay blessed :pray::100:

Have you tried attending AA meetings? I couldn’t stay sober ony own and I truly believe few can without the guidance and support of AA and the tools of the twelve steps. I always pushed it away , the idea of attending AA …out of fear or just pride …but I’m telling you …it’s such great and powerful thing to be a part of…I hope you overcome your Addiction… never forget…you are not alone

4 Likes