Requesting support please

So far up to this point I’ve managed to stay clean off drugs for 5 days. I’m 2 hours away from having 6. However I’m having a strong urge to use again. It’s causing a great deal of anxiety. I’m literally shaking as I’m typing this and breathing kinda fast. Please talk me through this. I’ve taken a couple sleeping pills to knock me out before I lose myself again. So please can someone help?

Wow that’s so great. Almost 6 days. Can you call someone? Do you have a sponsor? Can you go to a meeting?
You got this. Don’t give up and don’t use again. You’ve made it so far
I’m sure it would help if you call someone. Being on this app also helps.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve made a call but as of tomorrow I need to find a sponsor asap

1 Like

Can you do something to get your mind on something different? I don’t know your timezome but maybe: work out, walk, run, study, Netflix, whatever!

3 Likes

Hang in there! :facepunch:

I actually forgot that I have a membership to a 24 hour gym so that’s where I’m headed at the moment just to get away

8 Likes

Great! Do just that! :+1: :heart:

Maybe you could check in at the end of the day and tell us how it went? It helps me to check in sober every day, maybe it helps you too! :grinning: :+1:

It sounds like you’re having some intense anxiety right now. When I am in that kind of state, I find it helpful to engage my senses. Going for a short walk outside, a set of bodyweight squats or burpees, listening to certain types of music, making myself a snack, that kind of thing. A big one though, is breathing. If you have breathing exercises that you’ve found useful, use them. My usual breathing technique is actually to just take naturally large breaths (not chest-bursting breaths), let them out at a slow natural rate, and focus my thoughts on the breathing as I’m doing this. It helps me to calm down quite a bit sometimes.

2 Likes

5 days is Amazing!!!You did the right thing by reaching out.Im at 28 days it does get better.Meetings have really helped me through the roughest spots.You can get through this and it don’t have to be alone!! :v:

1 Like

That sounds like a fantastic idea!

1 Like

You guys are awesome thanks!!!

1 Like

Quick check in. So I’m at the gym. Anxiety gone. Urge gone. Sleepy ready for bed is a go… :wink::+1::sleeping:

9 Likes

Total respect to you! Well done on fighting that urge…keep it going mate :grin:

3 Likes

Hey! Just waking up to see this…so glad you got out to the gym! I hope you are sleeping well right now. Remember when you wake up today that getting ansponsor was on the top of your list of to-do’s! It’s not to say urges won’t happen, but…the more tools (and people) we have to help us along the way, the better! Great work fighting❤️
Much Love,
Ely

1 Like

The gym saved me. Now I’m 11 years clean of class A and 617 days clean of cannabis. Having a place to go and burn off those feelings is great. I powerlift as a sport and that’s where my focus is

2 Likes