Reset and depression

A lot of stress I’m a caregiver to my grandma and I have a 3 year old daughter

1 Like

Really wanting to quit alcohol

1 Like

I hear you. Stress is always one of my main triggers too. Kids, work, etc. I really try and manage it with taking at least an hour a day for myself to exercise. It really does help.

2 Likes

Quitting is hard. Especially when we’re used to using it as a crutch. You really need a community of people like this one orr AA, Smart recovery, to help you through it. Just keep coming on here and reading, posting. There’s a lot of good people here that’ll help you

1 Like

I can definitely appreciate that desire to quit - but why are you quitting? For yourself? For your health? For family?

I have had more success when I can focus on my “why” - because it brings what I’m doing (and what I don’t want to do) into focus. That glass of wine isn’t tempting when I remind myself of why I quit in the first place.

2 Likes

@Abriana how’re you feeling today ?
I’m on day 9 after my last relapse, my withdrawals have been wicked. I was really dependant on alcohol physically and mentally to cope.

Hope you’re pulling through well !

Happy holiday. :christmas_tree:

You can make it through just be safe alcohol withdrawal can be vary dangerous depending on your alcohol abuse reach out anytime

I didn’t do too well today I was 8 hours in on my last drink and I started shaking so severely I couldn’t cope with the withdrawals

Yes my withdrawals are very severe I can only be about 6 to 8 hours in and I will start already shaking

I’m quitting hurting myself my health and my family especially just having the desire to want to feel normal again

1 Like

100%!! How’ve the past couple of days been for you?? Are you feeling better?? How’re the shakes?

I went to detox i couldnt do it on my own

My shakes got to bad and I relapsed I tried meditating but I couldn’t focus

I’m sorry you’re going through such a difficult time; have you considered what others have suggested regarding seeking medical assistance??

I know if you require making appointments and being out of the house, and I realize you have others to care for - but can you really care for them when you’re intoxicated? It’s like they say on an airplane - you have to take care of yourself first, before you can take care of somebody else.

1 Like

Hi everyone checking in with the community I haven’t been on here in a while I did the medical detox today would make day 7 I feel pretty great so far still kind of cloudy but other than that hope you guys are doing well also. Even though I have theirs I’m proud of myself that I took that step

6 Likes

Happy New Year and happy new you!! I’m glad you’re feeling better!!

Hell I relapse again my grandma fell! I think I made a excuse for myself

Sorry for your grandma’s fall. And yes this seems to be the case. Lesson learned?
You can’t do this alone friend. Nobody can.
Reading this topic might be helpful:

2 Likes

Now you know - what’d you learn?? How are you preparing for the next temptation??

Hi, meditation is an amazing tool but may be out of reach at the acute stage of withdrawal. It was in my case. I found distraction to work well till my mind and body settled down enough that I could give meditation a real chance.

all the best

2 Likes