Reset day looking to a new start

Today was a reset day, I have failed after 14 months sober, too many things happening around all at once, couldn’t take it all, I’ve been months taking too much stress, anxiety, anger all at the same time, I failed but I’m here looking forward to make it again and to pass the 14 months goal once again this time imuna work on make some changes for a better life, I don’t know if anyone would see this but if you are struggling with emotions just talk to someone, sometimes being listened is the best solution.

13 Likes

I have been on the brink all weekend, clinging onto my 4 months and fully willing to drop it simultaneously.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:

It’s great that you are here, this community is full of such much support and encouragement.

Alot of us check in daily here

2 Likes

Here’s a hug :people_hugging:
You can get past this, this time will pass and you will be so grateful that you managed through.
My hardest moment so far was at Xmas, not because it’s that time of year people would drink but because someone was missing and I was so sad. I can say it lasted weeks and ever day was torture. I kept coming here and telling everyone, received support like your doing now which is great. It helped to have everyone here guide me through as well as having to stay strong myself. Looking back I learnt allot from that time.
I’m relieved I got through but it was a close one.
Sending you some hugs and healing energy :hugs:

3 Likes

Maybe right now it’s a great time for a meeting for anyone who is struggling right now, to help you right now, this is the 24 hour AA marathon meeting that is always on day and night on zoom :

Code : 2923712604

Sometimes I just need to listen and I join with my audio and camera off so no one knows I’m there.
Other times it really helps me to share and listen.
If you are struggling right now maybe log on to it and give it a try :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You only fail if you stop trying. Read more quit lit, find a meeting and/or invest more time in your coping skills. It sounds like things are hard and you’ve fallen back into an old pattern to deal. Don’t lose a week, a month or a year to that slip. Addiction promises stagnation. Get back up and see tomorrow as the fresh start that it is. Good job owning up to your reset and reaching out.

3 Likes

This is where you add to your toolkit. Ask @Thirdmonkey what he did at 3-4 months sober. You have to make a choice. Protect and nurture your sobriety or let it go. It’s your choice.

3 Likes

I did the one thing I swore i wouls never do…i walked into an AA meeting. I knew I wouldnt be sober another day…my sobriety was more important than my ego, me fears…it was the best decision i ever made.

1 Like

So grateful for you, buddy!

1 Like

Same goes for you

Welcome back and proud that you didn’t give up and chose to give yourself a shot at living. Praying for you and wish you well on your journey.