Resources for our recovery

Your welcome, I think I tagged you in four in total :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A few. Very helpful mate!. Thank you again!!:ok_hand::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Quentin this shows us the programmes etc

Wow! Thanks! What a book list…

1 Like

Updated!! Thank you, @Matt for the additions. With the holidays and New Year, there will be lots of newcomers wanting info.

2 Likes

My pleasure. Not sure where the update is - maybe I missed a post here - but the list I shared is here:

1 Like

It’s all added in to the first post in this thread. :heart:

2 Likes

Did anyone mention shit posting memes as a resource for recovery?

5 Likes

Awesome resource guide! I’m a part of AA and CA (cocaine anonymous) and find that I can be a little more open in CA. Definitely check a meeting out if you have one in your area.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the resources. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Ah! Ok, sorry I didn’t see it. Thanks again for reposting. There is so much good material here! :man_office_worker: :+1: :innocent:

1 Like

This program is for people interested in a Christian focus; it is USA based but has meetings in some other countries as well:
www.celebraterecovery.com

3 Likes

Sometimes I attend Celebrate Recovery on Thursday nights. I was born and raised Catholic but I’m not religious. They believe surrendering all to Jesus is the only possible way to be healed of your addiction.

It happens to be one of my favorite meetings save for the singing and praying aloud, which I just meditate through. The people are so nice and hospitable it’s definitely worth experiencing even if you’re not a Jesus worshipper. These are some of the kindest people I’ve ever met at any of the meetings I’ve ever been to. I recommend giving it a try even if you’re not Christian/religious.

4 Likes

Wow that is one hell of a list thankyou.xx

2 Likes

Search for recovery & detox facilities / clinics; can be filtered by location, cost, and other factors (in USA)

3 Likes

New Zealand drug & alcohol rehabilitation resources (including inpatient programs), on the Ministry of Health website:

1 Like

@SobahCobra79,

I think it was you that made a book recommendation that was very impactful to you. You mentioned that you were surprised that others hadn’t recommended it before. Does that ring a bell to you?

If so, what’s the name of that book?

Thanks

Hi @KevinesKay I don’t believe that was me.

1 Like

Ok thanks Jim, for the reply.

1 Like

For people in areas where there may not be as many in-person meetings as they’d like, so they supplement with online meetings:

1 Like