Restart (again)

Here I am, after 6 beers, trying to find someone to connect with. My husband is selfish, distant, and uncaring. A friend who I normally can look to for support is trying to come on to me. I just want some advice, to know I’m not alone, someone to care. I need to learn to deal with my negative emotions without drinking. I need to find people who like and care about me for me. I don’t know the point of this post really, I’m just sad and lonely and feel like shit for failing at sobriety once again.

6 Likes

kris, you are not alone. tomorrow is a new day. problems won’t fix themselves. if you want to repair your marriage, get into couples counseling and put down the booze. if you want to find friendships that are healthy, find them in healthy places. if your old friendships are no longer suiting you, exit on good terms so there’s no bad blood. x

6 Likes

There were so many times that I thought failure was inevitable for me. That I would never succeed.The worst part was knowing that I felt that way and knowing that I would drink again and feel that way again. I simply could not stop.

When I was able to stop, the focus of my days was not drinking. Everything else took a back seat to that. And because I was dealing with my alcoholism and its symptoms, the drama around me subsided and things got better.

This can be true for you, as it was for me - Everything is gonna be alright and you’ll be able to stop drinking.

Blessings on your house.:pray:

5 Likes

Hi Kris. Almost in the same situation. 6 beers down. Situation however I think is different: goodbye party because we are leaving the country for a better work opportunity. Abused alcohol nonetheless. Just hit reset on the app. I don’t know what to think and feel.

1 Like

Well said, great advise

2 Likes

Welcome @Kris83

If you need sober support you can only get that from sober people. The best place to meet a bunch of sober people is AA. They will understand everything you are going through because they are or have gone through it themselves.

YOU CAN DO IT.

1 Like

Thanks, all. I am so upset and disappointed with myself. I’m looking for ways to find sober friends (preferably other moms, so they don’t mind if my kids tag along for outings). Every time I get to the 2 week point, my flawed thinking goes “maybe you can just have one or two.” sigh so here I am on day one. Again.

My wife is friends with a bunch of other moms she met in AA. We all have kids around the same age

1 Like

Stick with app. There’s also support at meetings.

1 Like