Restart or no

So, I have NOT BEEN DRUNK,OR EVEN BUZZED, for over 24 hours. I did, however, have a light beer with lunch,and a small drink with supper. I so could pass a berth test,but should I restart my clock. I’ve been SOBER,not alcohol free!. Baby steps. Usually,I wouldn’t eat,and I’d st so sf’d,

Definition of sober = alcohol free, not legally able to drive, not slightly impaired. This is an abstinence forum, not a moderation forum.

Don’t kid yourself, the way to stop drinking is to not drink.

-Edit
I’ve got to work on softening my response to this question, which is asked with regularity. To help me, I’m quoting two of the members below, as they have said what I want to say without seeming as confrontational as I sound.

At the moment it seems your trying to rationalize drinking. It’s something I think most of us have done. (@anon12657779 whose input I value)

And pretty much all of @OneBoiledOwl’s response. There are other paths to recovery. My path, for me, has to be abstinence and sober thinking with some personal vigilance. That may not be what you need or what you want at the moment.

If you change your mind, @Hopen67, we will be able to share our experiences of sobriety with you, and shed some light on the path we have chosen. Blessings on your house :pray:.

12 Likes

Only you can make that decision. For me, i tried everything for 22 yrs to quit…except actually not drinking. I would put rules in place, limits, exceptions to my drinking…all in order to control my alcohol. Long story short it never worked. The day I finally quick drinking, was the day life got better.

4 Likes

Restart your clock.

6 Likes

Agreed. Clean is clean!
1 is to many, and a thousand is never enough!

7 Likes

Reset and rethink your approach to sobriety.
At the moment it seems your trying to rationalize drinking. It’s something I think most of us have done.
Accepting that you can no longer drink is, I personally feel, the first step. It’s what helped me come to terms with the fact that I am an alcoholic!

6 Likes

For a sobriety clock I would restart, if abstinence from alcohol isnt your goal maybe try a Moderation Management forum? There are many paths to recovery but this forum is based on abstinence. Good luck on your recovery journey, whatever that looks like for you!

2 Likes

If you have a drinking problem that light beer at lunch and drink at dinner is a slippery slope right back to where you started from. I know that I can’t have even one…,.even if I didn’t get drunk on it at all.

I’d restart.

HUGS.

Is this your first 24 hours? I just want to say for you to not beat yourself up. Getting started is hard. I reset my counter soooo many times. Even deleted the app a few times. But eventually I got my shit together. You can do this!!!

2 Likes

no brainer restart

3 Likes

I suppose at its core it’s a personal decision so you are looking for opinions and experience of others (eg there are no “rules”)

For me, I can not afford to be wishy washy so if I had alcohol (even a little) I would reset. Period.

On my hard days THAT helps me stay sober.

Will have 1 year on Tuesday.

3 Likes

Restart yepper

What is your goal, to moderate or be sober? If your goal is moderating then you don’t need a counter. If you’re wanting to be sober, then yes a reset is in order. For those who have any amount of clean/sober time, any alcohol or drugs. For me, I will never be able to take pain pills again, ever.

1 Like