Restarting My Journey

Was doing great all the way from November through February and then fell into the new habit.

The past 5 months have certainly been on and off but I’m ready to give this another go.

3 days in and I made it through the weekend, just have to make it through the next one.

13 Likes

Right there with ya! Ready to re-commit to my sobriety. By God’s Grace!

1 Like

Meetings make it easier , wish you well

3 Likes

Day 4 down.

It was nice waking up without a hangover this morning, I wouldn’t have been able to survive my workload today if I was.

I’d be lying if I didn’t say the craving was bad tonight, went to the gym, pushed myself to the point of being too tired to stop for the bottle.

Glad tomorrow morning is going to be another sober one.

My plan for tomorrow night is to go for a run or watch a movie! Any suggestions? It feels like it’s going to be a rough one tomorrow.

I will definitely check in.

1 Like

Maybe try a meeting? Always a good place for me when ever im going through a rough one.:monkey:

2 Likes

Day 5 in the books.

I’m pretty proud of myself today, the cravings were the most intense they’ve been in ages but I made it again. It’s not worth the trouble it brings.

Physically I don’t feel terrible, the sleep has been hit or miss but I know it’s going to get better eventually. I don’t have tremors but I do feel a little shaky/vibrat-ey, might be because of my workouts tbh.

Plan for tomorrow is to do a home workout and maybe a run to occupy my time in the evening. I need to start planning ahead for the weekend

Edit: Hope it’s not against the rules to keep bumping this with my daily updates, it’s been helpful so far

2 Likes

I’ll be the third to suggest a meeting. You seem to be treating your symptoms which may be fine for now, but I found I need to do something about my alcoholism or it will do something about me.

If you’re not into AA, or even if you are, check this thread for ideas on how to grow your sobriety. Resources for our recovery

1 Like