Rough day in the emotional "office"

Day 65 almost 66 of being clean and sober. And it is one of those days of feeling betrayed, shit on, and used.
I have a great savings account, and people are sometimes taking advantage of this, and i am too stupid to trust friends with my money. So now the relationships are a bit fucked because of the money.

My thoughts are telling me to tell them that the money is free but they can never ask for money from me again

Ofcourse the positive side of this, that i found out that they only are in it for the money. And have to be sorted out.

5 Likes

Money and friends are a difficult issue in my experience. I’m sorry you feel betrayed. In my humble opinion it is best to have firm boundaries between people and money. My parents taught me a simple and very honest rule: Never give away money you want back and never give away money you need for yourself or don’t want to give. NO is a complete sentence.

It sounds like you are a generous and helping person. It hurts to realize that one has been taken advantage of. May I suggest that you first forgive yourself and come to peace with the fact that the situation is like it is. Then decide how you want to deal with it: Actively tell the people that you want your money back with a deadline, telling them you feel exploited, tell them you want to cut them out of your life, tell them they can keep the money and fuck off, do nothing and set firm boundaries for the future, … whatever makes you feel content, peaceful and marks your personal end with a behaviour you don’t want to do anymore.

Let me say you are not alone with this kind of issue :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Could not have said it better myself!

2 Likes

Charity begins at home , some people take kindness for softness . i stopped giving loans when i was people pleasing . your money hang on to it , shoe on other foot im sure they would not loan you any wish you well

4 Likes