Round 2 First time

New here. And doing this alone. Kept it secret for over a year check myself in to social detox after a year and 6 months check myself out 3 days back in reality and back on it. Any suggestions how to kick myself? Lol

1 Like

Sobriety starts with recognizing a problem, and it sounds like you’ve got that. Now you need some clean time & you need to get clear about what problems your addiction has caused.

Have you tried making a list of the negatives from your addiction?

1 Like

I’m a Commercial Diver and a passion for the underwater. About a year ago I haven’t been able to do that and I miss it desperately due to risking safety. I was in the process of starting my own company that went all on hold. I stop visiting and supporting my family in the fear they might know I’m high. I stop spending time with my friends in the fear of bad influencing them and becoming a hypocrite on certain advice and support. I allowed certain people in to myself to get away with certain things I wouldn’t normally agree to. I’ve lost certain values and morals to myself. I don’t want any of these to repeat.

2 Likes

Sounds like drugs are a problem. You’re in the right place, lots of people walking the path of recovery here. Read around and learn about people’s journeys, take a look at some of the stories & I’m sure you’ll find some that you can identify with. Keep visiting & dont give up!

Have you considered joining a recovery program?

Im looking in to it but being here is helping reminds me of social detox with like minded people and just being able to talk about it with honesty is a huge weight of my shoulders.

1 Like

Man my detoxes were anything but social. I was usually locked in my room in rehab wishing I were dead

1 Like

I was dead to the world and needed to the first 3 days. But made the most of it. Would highly recommend for anyone looking to start making a change to old and long habits. I would check myself back in there over and over again until I get it right.

Glad we could help. You might find this thread helpful - there are a lot of memoirs & resources about recovery:
Resources for our recovery

Keep going & never give up :innocent: