Anxiety -
Cravings -
Depression -

How do you feel?

What are you grateful for?

What is your goal for the day?

What’s on your mind?

Quote/Word for the day?

Hello everyone, to elaborate on what the purpose of this is, it’s a daily check-in that we use to do at a rehabilitation facility I use to go too. I’ve found it helpful for me to express my current mental state and for others to share how they’re feeling. Feel free to use this guideline in your every day use and to help and encourage others who are in recovery.

5 Likes

Stress - 4
Anxiety - 4
Cravings - 1
Depression - 1

How do you feel?
I feel hopeful today.
What are you grateful for?
I’m grateful for my family and support group that’s been behind me 100% of the way. I’m also grateful for Gateway rehab that saved my life and all the amazing individuals that I met there.
What is your goal for the day?
Today I’ll make sure the house is clean and cook dinner before my dad gets home while he works through this covid19 epidemic so he doesn’t have to do anything else once he gets home
What’s on your mind?
Really just everything that’s happening in the world today, I should stay off of the news channel for alittle while lol.
Quote/Word for the day?
“It’s always been on me”

2 Likes

Do you not think that you could get your stress and anxiety ratings down a bit closer to zero by practising the serenity prayer? Pretty much everything about this virus is out of our control, so we can do is practise social distancing, wash our hands well and frequently, avoid touching our faces with unclean hands and do what we can to help those that we care about which from the sound of it you are already doing that last one in helping out your dad. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this! Seems like it would be very useful for me.

Stress - 6
Anxiety - 1
Cravings - 6
Depression - 6

How do you feel? Feeling off/sad today

What are you grateful for? My family and the people in this group

What is your goal for the day? Cleaning the apartment and doing some self care

What’s on your mind? Thinking that I mess up often and piss people off

Quote/Word for the day? Not sure lol

2 Likes

Wow this is great! Thank you so much for sharing it. I will incorporate this into my check-in tonight after dinner.

2 Likes

I’m an anxious person in general but I suppose its alittle higher than usually because I havent been out of rehab to long and with everything going on I’m kinda nervous being outside a controlled environment, the facilities around here are shut down and I’m kinda just itchin to set up my OP and get to meetings. But I most definitely appreciate the insight, I’ve read abit out if the big book today and just finished up a 30min mindful meditation. Everything will play out the way there intended too :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for checking in! I see ur cravings are kinda high, I hope everything for you gets better. I’m not sure how you cope with cravings but I find mindful meditations to he helpful but if your anxiety is to high to focus you could try a trick called “urge surfing” which is when you focus on ur craving long enough to where it doesnt bother you anymore. I suppose it could be alittle risky but I’ve found it helpful. If theres anything else I can do to help you I will. feel free to vent, we’re all in this together. One day at a time

1 Like

Yeah I understand mate, it’s especially tough with you being fresh out of rehab. There are some good threads on here listing the online meetings some of which are happening on www.intherooms.com. Check them out buddy and stay strong yeah! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Stress -
Anxiety -
Cravings -
Depression -
By my own human nature I should be scoring a 10 on all these but in my sobriety I’m so calm you’d do well to find a pulse.

1 Like