S Harm Recovery!

Hi guys!

Just discovered this app and am using it to track my SH recovery

Wondered if anyone else is using this for the same purpose?

5 Likes

Hello @xxegsens, there are a lot of people here seeking help for self harm. My DOC is alcohol so I’m sorry if I don’t have a lot of advice. But please use the search feature for self harm and please get involved with some of the conversations and see what others have been doing. Wishing you luck, please stick around.

1 Like

I’ve been there… That’s why I’m here… :100: Stick around… :blush:

Welcome. I am not addicted to sh, but do sh when feeling worthless, and that is closely related to alcohol abuse and disordered eating. I guessing the steps are the same, think about why u do it by delving into the past, does it really help in the longterm (of course no). Try looking up the 12 steps or other programs mentioned here.

1 Like

You are so right about that…:100::100::100: I was so confused about my recovery I made it through the drug that almost killed me for a year and a half, was at peace enough that I thought I just needed support and maybe I could even give support to other’s in any way that I could… But I made a huge mistake… I thought that I HAD to go back to deal emotionally with things that I didn’t do to myself in order to heal and it caused me extreme sadness… I’ve determined that was their actions and I’ve paid for it my whole life minus the past 664 day’s and the rest of my life for me to live… :blush: Going back to something emotionally harming that I didn’t cause that caused that sadness would make about as much sense as jumping back in the water after making it to shore and swimming backwards… I’m into going forward… :blush: