Saden Journey Log 1

New here and new to this journey to recovery. Day 0 cause I used earlier. But, tomorrow I’d like to start somewhere. At this point it’s not fun anymore and I go broke so fast. I’ve lost friends and certain family members are becoming distant.

I’m not happy with the way my life is going and I just want to prove it to myself I can do this. I want to be a better Mom, Daughter, Woman, Person… Thank you for letting me share.

-Saden

14 Likes

Welcome, Saden, it’s good to have you. Here’s to new beginnings.

If you like, we have a running thread for Checking in daily to maintain focus. Even with a few days behind me, it’s great having a place to take stock everyday and see the progress in others.

Maybe come on back tomorrow and let us now how you’re feeling? And may your journey be long and fruitful! :v: :heart:

1 Like

Hey Saden - and welcome!

I’m not happy with the way my life is going and I just want to prove it to myself I can do this. I want to be a better Mom, Daughter, Woman, Person… Thank you for letting me share.

I wanted those same things when I washed up here. After drinking for over twenty years, I am now 501 days sober - and I am a different person than I was then. This forum has been such a source of encouragement, information, support…and friendship. Ask lots of questions as you go, and never hesitate to reach out for help. You can do this. It isn’t easy, but you don’t have to do it alone.

2 Likes

Hi Saden welcome here! 🙋
This app is really helpfull for me in staying sober. It’s my back up so to say. If I have cravings, I come here. If I’m bored, I come here. If I’m lonely, I come here…
There is allways someone around to talk to!
I’m here every day since my day one and allmost 1 year sober now. So stick around!!
You can be the best you, best mom, daughter, etc. If I can, you can!! :facepunch:
Go get it!