Saying hello!

Hi everyone!

Back in February I started what would become a nice 35 day sobriety streak. I had it in my mind that if I could make it a month, then I had somehow proven to myself I could moderate. The last 2.5 months have been a huge backslide/relapse and only today (after a late night bender) am I realizing I need to restart my journey and stick to it for good this time. Looking forward to making this healthy change with all of you!

Justin

15 Likes

How many times have I tried that test (moderation) and passed - only to fail in the end! Here you are, and I am. Let’s do this!
Emm

3 Likes

You’ve proven to yourself your capable of not drinking , unfortunately that’s the easiest bit ,the journey ahead lies the true test .the test of time,I find it’s all so easy to say we’ve had enough when we’re hanging out of our arse from a massive bender only to not drink or use for some amount of time just enough time to give our body some time off just for our addiction to start all over again and unfortunately it’s a progressive daseise it just becomes worse and worse .dig deep my friend we’ve all been in the nasty cycle but it can be broken with determination, strength and the right support around you .I’m rooting for you

4 Likes

I appreciate the support :slight_smile: this stuff is hard

2 Likes

It is hard, but taking a day at a time, it will only get easier as the days pass.

1 Like

Just going to leave this post here in case its useful for you. Good luck this time around. It’s never too late to give it another shot. You can do it. You’re worth it.

2 Likes

It was never meant to be anything but hard,it’s hard living a life of an addict ,your get good days, great days,sad and lonely days,your get days where your on top of the world but just make sure there clean days if you can ,it does become bearable if you put the grapht in.:rainbow::pray:

1 Like