Screwing up due to stress

I had a great day at work. A great sober week. My dog and I went for two walks a day, every day. Then, I had a doctor’s appointment about getting my license back this coming November. I just needed a form signed, don’t have a family doctor so I had to use a walk-in clinic doctor would not sign the papers and now getting my license back is going to be held back again. I just want to get up North so I can see my grandparents before they die and I can’t even drive myself up there

1 Like

I had to remind myself, at least 3 times during the process, that I lost my license by the choices I made, and that learning to accept all the consequences, even “unfair” treatment was a necessary and natural consequence of my actions. As for your trip up north, what does it matter how you get there? Seeing your relatives is what is important, right?

10 Likes

Can you blame them? They don’t know you at all why would they sign the papers?

Most of us are here because an addiction fucked our lives up. Our lives get better when we take accountability for our actions and change our thinking. All you can do is the next right thing. Get a bus ticket to see your grandparents or fly.

6 Likes

Do you have any documents or character references kind of stuff, even signed document showing you have attending some recovery stuff?
Im in the uk also my car got towed away by wardens by the grace of god before my relapse so i may not be understanding how it works.
I would think a walk in dr would need to see something to show a change, you probably arent the first to ask for such a request and id think some kind of history would be needed to show you deserve to have it back (im not judging at all, just thinking from the dr perspective).
I understand its just signing a form but i guess its alot more than that, try ti gather some stuff together and maybe in a few months try again like show your working, have some proof your sober by having documents showing your having your blood chcked i honestly dont know what it takes, or how long you have been sober so can only guess how to help.

As for your grandparents maybe a nice little break for a week or two would be good for you and for them, that way if its a long journey you get some quality time together.

Find out exactly what it takes to get it back, and do just that to get it.
Until then you must remain strong and believe that when the times right you will have it.

I think if you have been your sober more than 3 months and can prove this it would help.
I think your sober date says from 23rd of September 2022 when i click on your name.
Maybe this could be why.
Whatever you do dont give up staying sober because that is all that will get you your life back amd it does get better.

You mention to get your liscence back in November thats enough time to get together stuff showing your sober and serious about it :slightly_smiling_face:
Stay strong

1 Like