Second Dui

Not going to say much but I’m new here last Saturday I landed my second dui and my life has been spiraling down ever since, lost my job last thursday due to Covid lay off, have a 9month old daughter and yesterday Got the call my father has cancer… I just want some support

9 Likes

Well, for starters, do your best to stay sober. You’ve got a lot going on and you’re stressed and nothing will make things even more stressful than getting drunk. I’m sorry for all your stress but things will get better. Take care of yourself, clear your mind, make good decisions, and all this will pass and you’ll thrive

5 Likes

@Sillyslapz317 I am so sorry to hear about all that. Just remember that bad times never last forever. Things will get better. Sometimes people like us depend on substances to ease the pain. But that only makes things worse. You are in the right place. You have taken the first step - reached out for support. None of us can do it alone. There are so many wonderful people in this forum, who are caring and supportive. Just keep sharing. We are here to support you.

6 Likes

Dig deep! Find the strength to push through. You are stronger than you may realize. I’ve been a member here for a little while and it is a great community of people with lots of great advice and positivity! I lost my brother in 2017, found out my little sister had cancer the following year, lost custody of my son, used drugs to numb many past traumas. I felt like you did, that there was no hope, my life sucked and it would never get better. Fast forward to present day and I have met the love of my life a year ago. We got an apartment together in January and I enrolled in college for a pharmacy assistant program I start in September. And, my son’s father sees the positive, healthy changes so I am now having sleepovers and visits with my son. Things will get better when you live a sober life. Good things will come to you. I will keep you in my thoughts a d am sending you lots of positive vibes!

9 Likes

Big big hugs :heart: There’s nothing I can do to take any of it away but I can say that you can always lean on us for support. I’m sorry that all of this is happening. Try to stay strong and get through this sober. Sending you strength :pray:

2 Likes

On day 10 of sobriety gave away all my alcohol bottles to friends which was a hard thing to do I don’t know why I continuously find myself wanting to drink right now I’m fighting it off but Jesus it’s hard thanks everybody for the kind words i really appreciate it… now the other matter of jail time or whatever may come for second dui in Texas has me scared as I’m still relatively young

2 Likes

Find strength and love in your daughter, it is the greatest joy. She will be proud of you when you tell how you stayed strong through-out the pain.

You are stronger than you may realize.

That’s beautiful, man. Thank you.

Thank you all

You are strong man u got family look after man u got strength

Yea that’s what I’m afraid of I have family to look after and I understand I’m suppose to remain strong but do you I do when I’m breaking down inside, mentally and spiritually

Sillyslapz317 everyone has there rock bottom, I too have had two Duiis, I burned my business down “financially speaking” and I was personally diagnosed with cancer. I was trying to kill my self regularly and I still wasn’t ready to admit powerlessness.
I’m not sure if you’re ready to admit it yet but sure as hell sounds like you might be.
The answer for me was working the 12 steps in AA I have 4 years sober I have been diagnosed with cancer a second time and beat it, I built my finances back and I have a driver’s license again. I don’t have the cravings for alcohol And I love life and no longer think about killing myself.
There’s hope for you man but If you’re anything like me you need to get humble and walk into an AA meeting and get honest. Send me a pm if you need further support I can get you my number

2 Likes

That sounds like a hell of a lot to deal with. All I know is you will need ur sober self to deal with it. Lean on us anytime.

Yea can I get the number I don’t feel as if I have a drinking problem for I don’t drink often it just when I do I have no self control but honestly I’m just lost in life right now but if AA can help me with clarity even a little bit I’ll give it a go

Read this over and over and over and over and over again until you get it. People who don’t have a drinking problem don’t get two DUIs.

I think you want pity, not support, and if that’s the case, that’s a hard truth to swallow.

6 Likes

Hello. I sympathize with your plight. I had 2 exteme DUI’s within a 10 year frame, but I got through it with my family intact. I also know and knew I was an alcoholic after the 2nd one. Please keep in mind that if you only drink occasionally… shoot only once a year, but can’t control it… then you are likely an alcoholic. It’s not a bad word, just something we must accept and cope with.

Maybe so yea I drink maybe 3/4x a year but it destroys me after 3 drinks

I don’t know about that one… I know people with drinking problems that have no dui don’t really want pity just support I know my mistakes and I’m doing what needs to be done to rectify just that one day at a time