Self Harm Addict in Recovery ⚠️TW⚠️

Hi I was clean for almost 2 years from self harm and im not sure what changed but today i caved and couldnt take the overwhelming emotions i was feeling and i now feel like im back at square 1… I have a pretty severe addiction to self harm because of how much it eases the pain i feel and ive been doing really well then today all of the pain was to much and i had a relapse i really am scared because last time i relapsed i didnt wanna stop and it was destroying me and my family. I am really mad at myself for this relapse :confused:

6 Likes

Welcome. If you quit before for two years, you know you can do it :+1:

2 Likes

I have been addicted to self harm for 20 years. I am 166 days free from it and that’s the longest I’ve ever gone. I applaud your two years. I understand what you’re feeling today because of your relapse, but now is the time to reflect. What brought you to relapse? What are some coping skills you’ve used in the past that worked? What else can you do?

Coming here is a great step! It has amazing people who care and want to help you. I’m sending you lots of positive energy. Please keep reaching out when you need it, and even just to say hello when you’re doing well.

If I can do it, you can do it. :people_hugging:

4 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Welcome to the community.
Its full of lots of supportive people here and its great you have joined us.
You cant let yourself keep feeling bad for your relapse, this will just keep you in that dark place you have to think of all the positives and everything you learnt and all the effort you put into to 2 years you havent lost that you did it and you can get there again one day at a time.
You can get back on track i believe in you :hugs:

2 Likes