Self harm recovery going well

Hi everyone! I came here again after a very long time (not a native speaker so I’m sorry if I don’t explain myself well). Just wanted to share a little bit my travel in this recovery time since I don’t have many people to talk about this.

Tomorrow I’ll hit 8 month without harming myself and I feel so proud, my longest time clean since I started recovery were 9 months. I started with this addiction when I was 13 (nonstoping, now I’m 21) and never tried recovery until 2020. It’s been hard, sometimes I felt that wasn’t worth it, that I was not capable of being clean… 2022 was a very rough year, I almost didn’t make it, thought of throwing all my efforts over the sink and give up. Therapy this year helped me so much, finally found great therapist, here I am stronger than ever just thinking of hitting my longest time again and start focusing on substance abuse recovery.

To everyone having a bad time: you are not alone and even if relapsing is bothering I believe in you, it’s hard I know, but it worths it, every single day since day one worths it.

Thank you for reading me, stay strong.

3 Likes

Congratulations :tada: that is such a great achievement. Well done on staying the course and sharing your journey with us. You can be really proud of yourself.