Self harm: relapse is on the mind

I’m 33 days in after a very long time clean, hate to see old habit slip into normality again, I do regret it so bad. I’m having really bad urges for my arm which I haven’t for many years (usually legs).

Congrats on 33 days and good for you reaching out! Some suggestions I’ve seen people note on here is to distract yourself and engage in some self love. Strength ur way

33 days is a long strech, you can do 1 more. Focus on today and this day only. Is there something else you can do to release stress?
Maybe go to the gym or go out for a long walk?
Glad you came here to vent, keep us posted.
Were here if you need us :heart:
And feel welcome Lauren 🙋

1 Like

gym has really been helping me and I know from my therapy that I should do things despite how I feel but damn it, it’s so hard sometimes :frowning: thank you, everyone is so welcoming on here x

2 Likes

Yeah I’m trying to look around to find those with similar issues as me, was kinda concerned this weren’t the right place, but addictions be addictive. Thank you x

1 Like

yeah I’m trying to throw myself into some good techniques, last night was spent drinking late so I’d fall asleep to avoid doing something bad which helped but it’s not sustainable and is a slippery slope. thank you xo

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear you made it through the night! That’s a tremendous feat! Look at you go! :slight_smile: I totally understand not being able to pull yourself out of a dark headspace. Maybe think of and write down some emergency plans for when you can’t pull out of that mind frame? Perhaps writing down why you are sober would be beneficial to reread in the darker times too. Just like @SoberWalker said, we are here for you! Reach out anytime you need!

1 Like