Self harm-trying to prevent relapse

I’m using this app to help me with my urges to cut. Currently going through it. Im 13 days sober right now and could really use some encouragement if possible. I keep relapsing at around the 15 day mark and am trying to find ways to help me feel less hopeless.

4 Likes

Welcome Icy :slight_smile: I’m glad you’ve been doing great for the 13 days! You can get through the 15 now I’m sure!

1 Like

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: That means a lot

1 Like

Keep it going, I’m not quite sober but every minute we are counts✅ this is a great place to connect with people who are experienced. My Dad used to council me about the pit falls in life…I was very young but I’m sure he was trying to tell me all about it. Take great care of Yourself ok. Keep posting and connection really helps.

1 Like

First all, everyone here is so proud of you! Really! Take that to the bank! :grin:

2 Likes

I’m so proud of you! You are doing such an amazing job. Stay strong. It gets easier, I promise.

2 Likes

I used to self harm too. I wish I could give you an easy answer… I would suggest counseling, or at least confiding in someone you trust. Something is compelling you to do this, and you need to work through those feelings that inspire that compulsion… And it would be good to have someone to do that with

2 Likes

I read books backwards or count all the different colors in the room I’m in. Luckily for me, the urge only last for a few minutes before I can carry on :slight_smile: