Self harm? Wtf?

That’s awesome!

After reading this thread and also seeing the signs in other threads. You are burning the candle at both ends.

I know you have so much on your plate and I respect how well you step up to the plate and take care of it.

Your headed towards burn out.

I’m really good at burning myself out. It always results in me causing damage to my mental health and well being.

It’s ends up costing me more time than If I had made smaller amounts of time along the way.

I recently did it again.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

4 Likes

Yeah I get that. But it’s not like I can tell my kids… Okay cool let’s pause and not eat this week so I can have a break. That’s where my struggles lie. Where can I afford to cut back.

3 kids, full time school, 2 jobs (not full time) but my day is jammed too. My boyfriend was demanding of my time and that was the breaking point. I need alone time. I am such an introvert that just being in a room with people can wipe me out. That felt so selfish at first, but it is what I needed. A break from him.

I think you were juggling it all just fine until you felt like you disappointed your sweet pea.

Where is your wiggle room? what can you say no to?

We’ve got you <3

It’s a very old coping habit, ingrained deep in your psyche. I would imagine you are under a fair amount of life-stress, as we all are from time to time. I would imagine your subconscious is looking for familiar escapes and releases, so the urge to self-harm manifests.

3 Likes

I think you’re right. I hadn’t really pieces together the time line. But I did start spiraling around that time… Once I felt like the day to day things were manageable. But the special… The important things were slipping through the cracks.

Where is my wiggle room indeed… Excellent question. After reading all of this I spoke to one of my bosses and we are working on a new schedule for me. Fortunately, I’m one of his favorite employees so he works with me often. Time to find the calm…

4 Likes

You are right. A habitual coping mechanism.

1 Like

I feel ya. I respect that.

1 Like

There’s some potential help. Nice!

1 Like

My oldest also quit softball. It’s just not for her. I will get her into something else bc I refuse to let her be a lazy screen zombie… But until then it’s going to be one less thing.

1 Like

We had this conversation earlier, you struggle with the word No,

I get that, but you have stepped up to your boss before I was there when they were like oh your there can you go do this store and y’all be like no. So you can do it.

I also have to get better at that, now that I’m adding more to my plate, something has to give. I also need better spending habits so I can reach my goals. Without breaking my back. Finding that fine line is difficult,

But I also know you have a strong network of friends and family who love you and support you, don’t be afraid to reach out

3 Likes

Ummm? I do?

1 Like

Don’t be such a introvert playa. I know how many people reach out to check on you cause you suck at reaching out yourself

1 Like

Yeah… I have people that check on me… That’s fair. But I don’t have alot of people that help me out. The ones that would can’t. And the ones that could won’t. :woman_shrugging: Such is life. Life in life’s terms. Etc etc. I feel better now anyway…

@Faugxh I didn’t miss my session today. It was needed and helpful. Thanks for the encouragement!

1 Like

That’s brilliant sweetie! Well done!

1 Like

Also do we hashed it out. And we both have kinda concluded that I was having the thoughts because I got my wrist tattooed. Subconsciously, self harming was always a fall back. And in my head by tattooing my wrist I was Ultimately taking away that option. So it wasnt so much and emotional or stress trigger as it was a panicky what am I gonna do if I need it. But the feedback here definitely helped me spotlight other issues in my life and will give me time to address them before they do become a risk. So thank you.

1 Like

That’s great Kayla, it sounds like a productive session! Do keep going. Or look for a more permanent and better fitting therapist if you do find that you’re lacking connection. :heart: Wish you the best!

1 Like

Maybe you should work with a therapist and figure out what’s going on. You’ve been through a lot, maybe you have PTSD or something. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

I do. I have PTSD. But my therapist and I were able to determine that it was likely an issue of removing the option. (got my wrists tattooed) apparently it brought up some feelings.

3 Likes