Sensitive emotions / detox

I’m on day 4 of no alcohol. And my emotions are up and down like a roller coaster. I’m super irritable and want to cry all the time. I feel completely frayed. I’m super snappy and stressed. Is this normal and will it pass? :tired_face::cry:

9 Likes

Yes its completely normal…ride the emotions out, if u want to cry then cry its ok to do that, keep talking we are here for u :heart: :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Irritability is a common withdrawl symptom for a wide array of drugs. It passes after some time.

What helped me was to remind myself that the person responsible for all of my problems is myself. Basically, it’s not other peoples fault that I am mad at them, it’s my fault, as I am choosing them to direct my anger at. Then I pause, and practice deep breathing. Anger is a fleeting emotion, it takes on average only 90 seconds for it to disappear. If you can stop, think and breathe for 90 seconds, not only will you feel better, people around you will also feel better.

This too shall pass.

4 Likes

You are absolutely right. I’m not mad at them but angry at myself and it’s coming out on them with little things. Like mole hills into mountains. 90 meetings in 90 days and 90 seconds to take the anger away.

Thank you :pray::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes