September 3rd 2022

I just started my first day of sobriety from the booze since my 18th birthday 2 days ago. I went completely out of control started threatening my life being an overall real dick train wreck to everyone around me, I have these outbursts everytime I over drink now, and I can’t control myself when I drink like I used to. I’m currently at an incredibly low point in my life, i destroyed a TV, tried to break another, ripped things off my wall. I made an utter fool out of myself again. I promised my girlfriend who I love more than anything, that if I ever drink again and especially if I get like that again, that I’d have to break up with her, and I’d have to cut all ties, and start over. I’m ready for a change, I need this, I can’t hold a job, I pushed all my friends away, I wanna be someone I can love again

4 Likes

Welcome! This is a great place to start. Maybe try an AA meeting? Either in person or online there are many resources on here

3 Likes

So if you love her more than anything, and drinking could destroy what you two have, why should you ever drink again? It’s in your own hands Michael. Congrats on day three, all success in your journey, and know we’re in this together. Alone this is all too much.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, this app feels like a dream come true at the moment. I never realized that alcohol became such a big plague, I wanna try AA and I just want to know where to go to start that in person. I hope to help others on here, aswell as have a community that understands what’s going on, I have a long experience with addiction, with marijuana, so much so that it gave me psychosis for awhile. I’m so scared to lose everything I have from this alcohol problem though. I can’t stop watching this video that they took of me the last time a drank. It’s like looking at a monster. I try to be a good guy, and I’m told that when I’m sober I tend yo be. But the moment I start drinking the cheese slides off the cracker

1 Like

Welcome Michael! You’re making the best decision of your life.

Install an app on your phone called “meeting guide”. It’s blue with a white folding chair. That will give you the meetings in your area by day and time. Just show up and you’ll be welcomed with open arms.

4 Likes

You have such a big point there, and that you so much for the warm welcome this is exactly what I need I think. I really do care about her so so much, and the drinking in our love life became a problem when I got in a car crash, and lashed out over little things. I think about these things almost everyday, and it baffles me how she hasn’t left. We’re very loving more times that we aren’t. But the moment I drink I slip down into a complete monster, and that’s why I’m gonna get clean, and get myself a steady job again, and hope for the best in mine and her future

2 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s finally time I actually try something, instead of broken promises and laying in bed sobbing over the fact that “I can’t change” because Ik the powers in me. I’ll also download that app asap. I really appreciate everything this community has done for me in this first 20 minutes here.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! It sounds like you have some good reasons to be sober. This place is amazing and I wouldn’t be sober without all the wonderful people here; stick around!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Im so happy I finally found a place where I don’t feel like an outcast. Im definitely gonna stick around. Sobriety is my main goal right now, and fixing the damage I’ve already done. I want to be a good person, and I don’t wanna lose my girlfriend. She’s the only person in my life that’s stuck around through my worst days

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

This is our official welcome thread, it might have some stuff you can find helpful:

Welcome to the forum! 2022

I appreciate it a lot man. I had my party’s some were fun. But its time I stop before it eats me alive

1 Like

Hey buddy. So much good already posted, but I’ll add a few more items.
I’m glad you have a great girlfriend, and sincerely wish the best for both of you, but remember that you will only get and stay sober for YOU, no one else.
Also, make sure to try lots of different meetings. The first one may or may not be the right fit. You are young, so maybe try to find one that’s geared towards your age group, though I have no doubt you will feel welcomed and supported wherever you go.
I admire your courage and maturity. You deserve a great life free from alcohol.

1 Like

Thank you so much man. I do know I have to do it all for me, and that’s the plan now. I need to work on myself and get my life back

1 Like