September Update

Hello, everyone.

I’m doing this month’s update a bit earlier. Hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

The website was down for a few hours today, but it’s now back up and running at full capacity. The server actually ran out of space and I had to make a quick plan to get us some more storage. I ended up integrating Amazon S3 into the website. Basically that means that new uploads will now be hosted in Amazon’s cloud. It’s a pay-per-usage service and it expands the more files are uploaded. Now there’s no limit to the amount of files that can be uploaded (besides my bank account :confused:).

The forum has grown exceptionally well over the last month. It’s one of the reasons it ran out of space - I didn’t expect it to grow so rapidly. We had about 2400 posts in the last month! We’ve also reached over 300 registered and active users.

Thanks everyone for contributing and supporting each other. It’s a complete pleasure running a community that cares and supports itself.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying sober. As always, feel free to reply to this topic if you need any info. Alternatively, you can contact me by sending me an inbox message or emailing me at robin@sociosoftware.com

8 Likes

Hi, @Oliverjava.

There’s a monthly fee to keep the website running and then there’s another monthly fee that’s based on the size of the website.

I was just joking with the bank account thing, don’t worry about it. There’s no need to delete the rambling posts :slight_smile: .Please carry on posting as normal. If anything you can post more now than before. We have expanding storage now.

I started this community knowing full-well that it will cost me a few dollars to keep it running. And I’m OK with that.

6 Likes

Robin, you rock big time,thanks for everything!

Thank you @Zappo. Hope you enjoy your stay here :slight_smile:

Yes " ONE DAY AT OF TIME " &
" ONE STEP AT OF TIME "
COME BACK & WHEN YOU DO WILL BE HERE

I appreciate the info @Robin its a awesome tool for me. I know we all feel the same about this. Thank you !!