Seriously-then ten character

Have anyone here ever been thinking how short way the road ro bottom is compared to the way up?

2 Likes

Haha good point!! But…seriously

Yup, often but I don’t dwell on how far it is to the top or anything like that. I am happy exactly where I am. But that thought keeps me sober because the day I fall off the wagon is the day I take a nosedive back to the black abyss and I know I wont make it out alive if I do. So, I stick with the light instead every day!

7 Likes

The hike up is endless, the bottom is absurdly quick.

I’ll never see the top, but I’m cool with that

7 Likes

Yes!!! Its absurdly quick.is that something to just not think about?i cant. sorry,dont mean to be a trigger to anyone. Just thinking about absolutely all options.
Waiting for my pink cloud,my free ride.
Just lost. Being myself tomorrow.

It’s not the fall that hurts. It’s the sudden stop at the end. An “aw crap” eliminates countless “attaboys”.

Perhaps you just need to change your narrative.
It doesn’t matter how fast you can hit bottom, or reach the imaginary top. If you insist on this analogy, then let me suggest you think of it like this :
At any given moment, on any given day, you as an individual have a bottom. That bottom may change from time to time, but whatever it is, it’s always finite. It’s always specific. On the other hand, on the positive side of that spectrum, the top is limitless. There is no upper limit on how happy or healthy or loving and generous you can be. The healthy, sober, “long road” is beautiful at every mile marker. And if you do veer off the road, thank God the bottom comes up quickly. If it didn’t, if you had to fall for years, it would take that much longer to get back on the road. It doesn’t matter how long the drive is. All you gotta do is keep all four wheels on the road.

3 Likes

The bottom can be just as far down if you keep holding onto that shovel digging. It’s definitely better moving up than going down though.

1 Like

Yeah…my scare is that bottom is way deeper than i can imagine

personally i had a long road to the bottom. i kept making new bottoms for myself. and in just over 14 months of being engaged in a program of recovery my life is incredibly different. not just abstaining from drink/drug, my whole view of being alive. my attitude and perspective on living. i used to hope to die and now i’m so grateful every morning to be alive. so, it took me a long time to get to the “bottom”, and in comparison a very short time to turn it around. i’m not saying i feel i’m “at the top” and i know i do have more bottoms out there waiting for me should i decide to go find them. but i am saying that i was at the bottom for many years, and i’m no longer there.

and i’m very much the whole “it takes what it takes” type. i needed every drink i ever had to get me to a defeated place where i just gave up trying my ideas. that’s when things got changing for the better for me as i began to take suggestions from others.

best to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly. Best not to find out.

My road is 43 years long, God willing it will be at least another 43 years until i am at the end of the road. High, low…all that matters is that the road tomorrow is sober. Where it leads me is in God’s hands.

1 Like

Maybe I’m being dense, but I have no idea what this thread is about. Ya’ll are speaking in riddles! :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::upside_down_face::two_hearts:

1 Like

All my bottoms were soft. To me there is 1 rock bottom, and that’s death. Many of us have hit that bottom.

I’ll take my pillowy landing. Nothing but better days and broader horizons in my sobriety.

2 Likes

Smell the glove!