Shit thinking is my trigger

'm back on the wagon after jumping off for a few days. I have been thinking why the relapse. I think it was mad at the world because they get to drink I don’t and mad at the people on talking sober for being losers. Shit thinking is my trigger.
Now for some tough love for me.
you make yourself an alcoholic by drinking no one else did. the people on talking sober are not loser they are heroes they just want the same thing you do to live a life sober free. they are there to help you so be nice.

4 Likes

You don’t have to be nice to me. But if you want help getting and staying sober just let me know. I can tell you what was so freely given to me. And if you are willing to put in the work I promise you your life will get better beyond your wildest dreams, just like mine did

4 Likes

Yeah, the world can keep its hangovers and bar tabs. Easier having a good time without that noise.

Glad you’re back!

2 Likes

I have drank enough for the rest of my life :blush:
So I and the people who still drink are even.
Today 77 days sober and proud of myself.
I recognize your anger about people who can drink and you having problems with it. But hé, didn’t we all start like that? At the beginning we all are people who can handle alcohol!
But look were we are now! Alcohol is a drug! Not just for us. It’s poisson for everyone! It increase the chance on cancer, it’s bad for the liver.
The people who can drink now, can be the addicts tomorrow! :tired_face:

Glad I’m no longer part of it anymore!

1 Like

Learning to view sobriety as a positive lifestyle instead of a restricted one helps me not get mad at others for drinking. My life was horrid when I started abusing alcohol. If I don’t drink I don’t go back to that place. I’m happier being a sober “loser” who’s going to stay alive.

It’s really easy for me to get mad at the world too. It feels unfair that I have to act differently around alcohol than other people. It feels unfair that I have to struggle through things, feeling like alcohol would help. Know what also feels unfair? When you get crapped on by a bird unexpectedly. But I know not to blame the bird or the wind, because I know they are the way they are and I can just let it go and accept it. I can’t make it un-happen. Because alcoholism is more complicated and affects me a lot more than bird poop, it takes more time and learning to be able to accept what my circumstances are now and just let it go.

By the way, it’s great that you are doing this kind of reflection and introspection. Learning about yourself and learning why you didn’t accomplish what you’d hoped gives you more power to succeed going forward.

Welcome back on the sober wagon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you ifs

Omg @ifs this post made me laugh :joy: and totally agree with you. And how clever to see a sober lifestyle as non restricted.

1 Like