Shits fucked allover

How can this shit be like this again …after I just had a big commitment to mend. Fuck life is really difficult

3 Likes

Truth right there! What happened?

1 Like

Man, I’ve been saying this to you for a little while now. You need to put in some work to achieve your goals.

8 Likes

Yes, it can be. For me, I realized that “normal” drinkers dont destroy their life when things get difficult by drinking. Non-drinkers dont destroy their life on hard day either.

I had to change people, places and things to stay sober. I read everything I could on alcoholism and addiction. I want to learn exactly what they did. Then, and I was totally against it in the beginning, I walked into AA. I needed help, because my very own best thinking lead me straight to alcohol for years.

Life is good, life is bad. There are happy times, sad times. As an alcoholic I had to relearn how to live.

16 Likes

The easy path is the path well traveled, for just that reason it’s easy!
It’s easy to do what we have always done.
It’s easy to just follow the herd.
It’s fear that keeps us there, traveling that same path daily!
Don’t let fear rule your life, change the path, be someone better.
But be aware that the journey may involve some hardship.
But there are others treading the path who will support you

10 Likes

I second this. Spoken honestly and truly :v:t5:

2 Likes

Life is actually not very difficult… It’s what you make it. If you make it difficult on your self and don’t put the work and and show up each day for yourself then it’s going to difficult in some ways… Make life work for you. Take care of yourself and prioritize your priorities and just do little by little every day the tasks and chores that are non negotiable and need to be done. It could be as simple as making your bed and taking the trash out… Do the things that are a priority. In no time it will be second nature to you… Nothing changes if nothing changes :grin:

5 Likes

Might it seem this way, because you are just now learning how to actually live it, without hiding from it with your DOC?

“It seems difficult at first, because everything is difficult at first.”
-Musashi-

6 Likes

Ten hours later. You made this post then haven’t been back on since. Doesn’t really seem like you are all that interested in putting in the work if you can’t even be bothered to stick around and read the responses to your post.

10 Likes

When I first started on this journey I used to think you were a bit harsh now you say what I’m to scared to say, oh how the worm has turned…
The last couple of days I’m learning a lot about myself and resentment bc I’m fucking fed up with people saying they want to stop and ohh poor me and doing fuck all about it. I was that person and I’m sure lots of people are the same but you can’t think yourself sober, I heard someone say the other day that they read Lord of the rings but it didn’t make them a hobbit. Books and prayers are great but faith without work is dead.
So a year down the line I apologise to you for my thoughts and thanks for being right all along.

10 Likes

Totally agree!

4 Likes

Learning on the job is how it gets done, keep pushing on thru you can do, remember your not your thoughts. Xx

Alcohol has tricked your brain into thinking that drinking is necessary for your body to survive. It is simply an addictive substance. Anyone who drinks too much too often will become addicted. Get angry that you are being manipulated. Banish alcohol from your life. You can do this!

1 Like

shits indeed fucked all over. fully agree. what of it?

I cried the past five nights in a row. im stressed out, anxiously both over AND under functioning and depressed. im questioning all my friendships, I hate my job and am afeared I will be alone and single forever. every night on the way home from the gym I pass 2 liquor stores and have run through the litany of reasons why 2 mini bottles of wine after 4 months sober would not be a problem at all.

its never going to be easy. people will always suck and bad shit will always go on in the world. we can only manage and change ourselves IF we want it. Shit will not become unfucked because we are hammered all the time, thats for sure.

6 Likes

@Cigfreed sorry I didnt mean to reply to you directly! :flushed:

1 Like

Four months can still be choppy waters. Stay strong. Alcohol would only worsen your anxiety. It is simply an addictive substance and the brief initial euphoria is a hoax designed to pull you back into the abyss. Soon your sobriety will be easier to maintain, Mitzi. Better is better. : )

It was meant to be. : )

This. I want a poster that says this.

4 Likes

I know life sucks at times, I mean hell, it’s been over 5 and a half years for me and life keeps throwing me curve balls but at the same time giving me rewards. These past few weeks have been so tough, I am using a school loan refund to now pay for rent for the next few months just because my job is now dead everyday it seems. I work for Uber Eats and it’s not worth the pay anymore, but I am trying my best to just continue on the path I’ve been given. Don’t fight fate, just flow with it and accept it. Shit gets hard, it’s tough at time and I want to quit, but those are the days that make the it so much better when fate decides it’s time to continue your travels towards love and light. Without the darkness, there is no light. With out struggle there is no way to grow. I miss posting on this app and finally have the time to do so, I know you will make it through these tough times and see that everything happens for a reason and there is always a lesson to learn. Be blessed and always keep your head up, even when it hurts :pray:t2:

1 Like

For some getting sober was easy. I read their posts and somehow their higher power connected them on the right path.

Fear, fear keeps a lot of new commers from immediate success. I empathize with that, for decades I let fear rule how I dealt with my drinking. I let fear keep pushing away dealing with the “whys” of drinking.

@Barker1985 fear kept me from following up with the people that a pointed out my problem for years. Fear kept me from listening to those around me. Your absence on here reminds me of how I dealt with my alcoholism. I empathize with you. I see people do the same thing here, and I see newcomers in AA do it as well.

The good news…just take that first step of getting help. It doesnt have to be a big one…just a tiny step. Could be just logging on here once a day and interacting with us. That little step will help with the fear. Once you do that, taking the next step will be easier.

You deserve a sober life.

8 Likes