Shocking info/ tragic circumstances

I am so so, so sorry. I’m glad that you are going to go to the memorial. Other people will be there with you and you will have all of us with you. Check in here as much as you feel like you want to to let us know how you are feeling and to get the support that you need. Drinking isn’t going to help anything. I’m glad that you’re posting about how you’re feeling about it and remembering that just for today you are not going to drink. I’m very sorry for the tragedy and the sadness. It’s a process, it hurts, it affects everything. Big hugs and sincere thoughts for you during this sad time and this upsetting time with your sobriety messing w you.

3 Likes

Big hugs my friend. You are not alone. I wish you strength and love as you go to the vigil tonight. Remember we are right with you and you can reach out to us at any time.

Drinking will not be helpful and will only make you hurt more. You are at your 5 months of sobriety Charlie - utilize your tools and your sober family here to keep you pushing ahead. I know you are stronger than this beast. I am so sorry that you are hurting. Here for you dear friend!

5bca2241edb87f73228349ecbea1e1e7

3 Likes

You are an amazing community!
Thanks Peeps.
I made it to the Vigil and back without a stop at the bar. I actually kept my shit together. I did however freeze and get wax from the candle all over myself … oh and lit my scarf on fire. Is that still keeping my shit together??
The people who showed up 100+ and the support and love for her was wonderful. :purple_heart:
I am nervous for what tomorrow brings but am proud to have known her and will continue to do my best in her honor.

9 Likes

Well done :pray:
Burnt scarf, still sober…. I’d call that a win :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Glad to hear that you made it sober through the evening. Hope you get a good night’s sleep and we will be right with you if you need for tomorrow :people_hugging:

4 Likes

That is absolutely keeping your shit together. Scarves come and go…:rofl:

Proud of you :clap:t3:

5 Likes

Morning beautiful…just checking in on you. Hope your day is going smoothly :people_hugging:

1 Like

Had a cry and lots of hugs at the Food Bank but we all pulled up our big girl panties and forged on … for Kass.
It was a good day, thank-you for checkin on me girl. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

This is so good to hear, glad that you have such camaraderie there to be able to experience the emotions that come with the loss. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss Charlie. And so glad you didn’t reach for a drink. It’s really important in these situations to feel all your feelings and to reach out to your TS peeps. I recently lost someone near and dear suddenly. I found that at first I had some difficulty connecting to my grief. I told a close friend the I wish the dam would break. When it did it felt really great to feel my feelings. It also makes perfect sense to me that your first thought was to have a drink. These patterns of behavior are persistent. Keep talking about it and just be still and feel it all. The mystery of life is a gift,at least for me it is. I wish you well.

2 Likes

Just saw your thread here and I’m so sorry for your loss Charlie. That’s so sad and to grieve is the hardest feeling we have to face I believe.
So glad and proud of you that you’re facing it sober and fight your way through it all sober, clear and in presence.
That’s the best you can do.

You are doing great Charlie and we’re with you at any time. :pray:

2 Likes

I’ve been hanging on every entry here! I am so proud of you for reaching out for help and for feeling your feelings even when they frighten or hurt. That’s the way we do it. :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss.
Yes, that Dam breaking is a “thing” and it hurts.
Thank-you for reaching out.and sharing.
A drink is not the answer …to anything :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Huge THANK-YOU for your kind words!!!
:hugs::purple_heart:

1 Like