Short vent

Dealing with toxic people simply because you share blood is not a move, family can be poison.

Agree? or disagree?

6 Likes

Agree 100% I’ve learned to distance myself from some family because of it. Not easy but i can’t live with the drama and the Rollercoaster of emotions that go along with them. I want peace of mind :smirk:

2 Likes

Completely agree. I don’t have to, or want to be around people I don’t like.

2 Likes

Agree 100%

2 Likes

Agree. My dad’s side of the family is completely toxic to him, my mom, my brother and I. It’s especially shitty right now because they’re choosing to rear their ugly heads right around Christmas. We all want to see my grandma though. She has cancer and my dad is worried this may be her last. So we get to go play fake nice on Friday. Have a plan before you interact with those toxic people, and don’t stay longer than you feel safe to.

5 Likes

100% agree! Had to cut my two older sisters from my life… totally toxic. And I do not regret it one bit. No drama no bullshit no venom (poisonous bastards :face_with_hand_over_mouth: excuse my language) if they cause you pain in anyway, let them go. Best thing I ever did! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

I agree. Familial relationships can be the most toxic and there’s a perception of obligation to accept a higher degree of crap from a relative, than from a friend or acquaintance.

1 Like

resentment is a poison.

2 Likes

I have to agree with @Dolse71

1 Like

Absolutely agree. I come from a dysfunctional family. They are incredibly toxic and I don’t feel a lot of connection to my parents like I see in other families. I was forced to grow up incredibly fast as well. Wasn’t even allowed to be a normal kid. I don’t owe them anything since I’ve basically had to re-parent myself and unlearn a lot of bad things they taught me.

1 Like

Me too.

Situations are toxic. Modes of thinking - ways we choose to think and behave - can be unhelpful. Ways we choose to think and behave, whether they come from our habits or something else, are choices we make and they produce the situations we live.

We can choose to change our choices, our thoughts, and our behaviours. Doing that changes our situation - and keeps us healthy. :innocent:

2 Likes