Should I vape to calm anxiety?

I'm on my first clean week..

I'm really fighting against nicotine and THC (weed) anxiety, and I'm doing pretty well. But I'm seriously thinking about buying a vape device so I won't suffer as much, do you think I should do it, or keep fighting?
4 Likes

I watched a documentary about vape vs cigarettes and they aren’t as bad as ciggies. In saying that don’t use any solutions that have nicotine in them. I have given up pot 110 days today bit still can’t kick the cigarettes. Good on you for doing both.

1 Like

I’m 33 days sober from alcohol, and one week off tobacco. Nicotine withdawals crushed me. I tried cold-turkey. Brain literally ceased to function beyond Lobotomy-level. I had to get some nicotine lozenges. much better now.

3 Likes

I vape with nicotine. I tried to cut out nicotine, but I craved sigarettes so bad I started smoking again. Now I just use 6 mg in moderation. If I cant vape and I get anxious I take a nicotine lozenge. For me its just to much, quiting alcohol and nicotine at the same time. A friend of mine quit smoking sigs and pot (he smoked pot like there was no tomorrow) and started vaping 0 mg. He never touched a sigarette or joint again (3 years now).

No. Vaping is still giving in to your addiction. It will prevent you from quitting. The only way to quit is to get through the pain. There are no shortcuts. Vaping may be a little less bad for you than cigarettes but all that means is that they kill you a little slower.

If I told you cyanide was less toxic than nuclear radiation would that convince you cyanide was safe? Extreme example but that is what people are doing with vaping.

Quitting is painful. If you are doing something to make it less painful than you aren’t quitting.

6 Likes

I did this for a month or 2 when quitting cigarettes. I do t usenit anymore but for me it was definitely a huge help with the transition.

Mindfulness meditation. Sounds silly but it helps. Forces you to confront your feelings, mental chatter, and decide if all that serves you or not.

I’ve used thc/cbd topical cream for back pain and it’s very effective. I’ve lived with anxiety most of my adult life and have tried a lot of natural options. Other than meditation, I highly recommend taking the amino acid supplement GABA, which is widely available. I try to avoid vaping or smoking thc because for me it went hand in hand with drinking. That being said cbd is not psychoactive and has many health benefits. Hope you find what works for you!!!

1 Like

The ultimate goal is to get rid of any harmful substances. Pursue your goal little by little. Cold Turkey is very hard but not impossible

No. Vaping is still giving in to your addiction. It will prevent you from quitting. The only way to quit is to get through the pain. There are no shortcuts. Vaping may be a little less bad for you than cigarettes but all that means is that they kill you a little slower.

If I told you cyanide was less toxic than nuclear radiation would that convince you cyanide was safe? Extreme example but that is what people are doing with vaping.

Quitting is painful. If you are doing something to make it less painful than you aren’t quitting.

OK citation needed please. What have you based any of this on? This certainly isn’t empirical evidence. The latest research suggests that vaping helps users to quit much more harmful cigarettes and is in fact 90% safer than smoking. They are looking at introducing this on the NHS in the UK. If some gives up smoking by vaping then a life is potentially saved. So… can you please provide evidence of your argument.

1 Like

Are we talking about vaping weed or vaping cigs?

We dabbin Though! Lmao but i would vote no. Your just starting and replacing the routine habit with something else. Inhaling anything other then oxygen is bad for you reguardless…

1 Like

I took up vaping to replace cigarettes 2 years ago. Im still addicted to nicotine, but its the other chemicals in tobacco that are harmful. Vaping is also a little less expensive than cigs.

Quitting all together is the best choice,but i couldnt do it. I chose the lesser of evils.

1 Like

I have limited knowledge on vaping, but I’ve had it for weed that’s why I asked. If people wanna vape nicotine I don’t see an issue in regard to being clean