Show me your transformations! (Shirts required)

I use Cetaphil for my face where my rash was, you can use this on your body also. Wish I had discovered that as a teenager! Diet changes will do you wonders too I suspect! :grin:

I take mine at night before I go to bed so it can work while I sleep but it may take a bit to get used to. It keeps me quite “regular” in the mornings! Lol.

1 Like

I found this brand out at Costco called SebaMed. German company and it’s great for me actually notice little differences but fighting from the outside/in is a losing battle. It’s the diet I know that will change things. The stomach pains, the bathroom calls, the fatigue that pushes me to want more sugars and caffeine.

Yes, we need to push through that discomfort again to reach the gold, much like sobriety! :heart: Something I heard last week stick with me, “does this feed my soul” is something we should ask ourselves frequently about food, drinks, relationships, friendships, jobs. Makes so much sense, so I’m becoming more mindful of things again and so I’ve started my shift to follow that mindset now.

I completely agree. I’m working on what I can right now and going at it, seeing noticeable changes and even people at meetings are seeing these noticeable changes. Sharing at meetings, being there before and staying after fellowshiping. Letting go of control! Very hard, I still see myself slipping at times but I have to remind myself that I am making steps forward and doing what’s best for me by doing what’s right, in every aspect of my life except my diet… It’s hard like I said with that while living in a motel before rehab but it’s better than completely homeless or living in my car. So I’m grateful for that.

Damn. My mugshots are rough. 85691 82585

50 Likes

Don’t worry, I got some rough ones too! You look great though!

Oh but there are more! LOL
Unfortunately I had to go to jail. Many times. In order to finally decide I couldn’t fix myself. Now I know the justice system was just trying to help me in some way…and they did…eventually. Helped me get into treatment and I took it from there !

5 Likes

Wow! What a transformation! Well done! :fire::two_hearts::bird:

Totally relate to this.

I like how you put a little cardinal as your signature :hugs:

1 Like

27 Likes

Isn’t it amazing how we all look so much brighter once we embrace sobriety :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Better than any make-over I’ve ever seen on daytime TV​:joy::+1:

This was my belly size when I still drank lots of alcohol almost 1,5 years ago :open_mouth:

28 Likes

4 months 7 days from a 23 year meth run so glad its over

13 Likes

11 months now!

36 Likes

This man is my partner, he’s 2 years sober and today he went social media public with his story of addiction, I’m so incredibly proud of him and I’m 1 Yr sober myself. Pictures are of him today and 3 days into rehab.

31 Likes

Do you train in capoeira?

1 Like

First picture was me in active addiction, taking perc 30s everyday, never more than 2 though

Second picture is me last week, 100% sober.

Nobody could have or ever guessed I was using because I was truly a functioning addict. So I never really went through a transformation, this post is just to show that not everyone who suffers from addiction shows it on the outside, and can still be a capable member of society. It’s scary to think you cant even tell the difference, and most people can’t tell which picture is sober me and which is addicted me

In fact I test people alllll the time and ask which picture (ive used different ones as my sober pic) is sober me and which is me in active addiction, and almost everyone unless they guess, get it mixed up

12 Likes