Show the artist within you (Part 2)

Thank you!! :grin:

2 Likes

@CrystalSage I am impressed :grin:. Great job!!!

1 Like

Its just a start and its not great. Its been a while since Ive really drawn. But it keeps me busy and it channels my emotions

6 Likes

its important to have an outlet - do love your sketch! thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Oak, white paint (applied by rag, not brush), engraving:

10 Likes

@Matt yes! Yes!! I love it! Please share more pieces of your art

2 Likes

I really like what you did there Matt. It reminds me of a hobby I enjoyed years ago…wood chipping. I made the design on graph paper then put it on the wood. All cuts were triangles. The wood shapes were oval, round and squares. Then I stained them and we use them as trivets. I’m still unpacking from a recent move and hope to find them some day. Or it’s the univers’s way of telling me to get back into it and make some new ones. :laughing:
They basically look like this:

10 Likes

That’s beautiful! I love the patterns :star_struck:

It’s amazing what simple shapes can do. I was taking a sketching course a few years ago and the instructor said everything, everything in the world, can be broken down into circles and triangles. He challenged us to sketch objects using only circles and triangles. They could be any size, but the rule was, circles and triangles. :o: :triangular_ruler:

2 Likes

Well, this is as good a place as any, lol. I just wanted to share an art story.

Where I work there was this painting on the wall. It was taken down here and there when it ‘clashed’ with a party, like someone’s wedding colors. Eventually they decided to get rid of it and were going to throw it away! It was bought for $2,500! No one had a wall big enough to hang it. I did! Finally managed it home and I realized how big it really was (6ft w × 5.5ft t)

Exercise bike for scale

I had a couple people come to help hang it, but we just ended up hanging out and doing other stuff (fellow procrastinators). Finally, almost a year later, an old friend and I got it done in 5 minutes. Tada!

15 Likes

I met up with a friend to do some sketching for the first time in years. This is the view of Edinburgh Castle from the top of the Vennel Steps.
Edited to add that it’s an A5 sketchbook

18 Likes

I love it!! you are talented :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Continuing with the sketching at the barber shop

15 Likes

@Deelzebub I love this sketches :green_heart:

2 Likes

13 Likes

Thats really good Thomas! So talented :clap:

1 Like

@JazzyS thank you!!! I know I can improve, I will keep working

1 Like

I alreasy think your work is so amazing - keep doing what ypu are doing as you enjoy sketching so much.

1 Like

@JazzyS :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart: you have the virtue of encourage others!!! I will share more as soon I finish the next little works

1 Like

Thats great Thomas - looking forward to seeing more of your week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Set this little raw garnet in some claws.

17 Likes