Sick and sober

What does everyone do to stay sober when they are getting sick? I know I always drank when I felt a cold coming on so I wouldn’t have to deal with all the aches, pains, sore throats and whatnot. I’m getting some really rough cravings right now cuz I just don’t wanna feel like this or deal with it alone -.-

1 Like

Sorry you’re feeling bad Steve. I noticed the colds don’t seem to be as bad or last as long. I would say eat what you can,chill doing what you like, and rest. Stay hydrated, water or juice. Let us know how you are doing.

1 Like

Yes when I can finally lay down I will put this on

1 Like

Your right, I took myself and a friend out to some sushi dinner and it did raise my spirits a bit but now I am ready to go home but I have another hour drive back

:triumph:

2 Likes

I have sticking to the basics - just Advil, Vaporub and a humidifier. I was at the pharmacy looking at the liquid cough medicines I usually buy and was shocked to find out that many can contain 10-40% alcohol volume.

1 Like

Lemon water. I used to drink emergen-c but that has a lot of sugar in it. Now every morning I squeeze a whole lemon into a glass of water and drink it with breakfast. I don’t get sick like I used to since I started. And I’ve come to love it. When I feel sickness coming on, I’ll have a second glass at night and it knocks the sickness out. Lemons are also great for detox. Anyway, I hope you feel better.

3 Likes

I love lemon water, im drinking a glass right now…

1 Like

Lots of rest, vapor rub, Tylenol, hope you get to feeling better soon…

1 Like

A good cold remedy is called “golden milk” you can google the recipe. I also put vaporub on my feet and cover with socks, while running the humidifier with drops of lavender essential oil. Keep it natural and good broth and teas. Feel better

3 Likes

Your not Al be my friend. You always have your HP no matter what and us that are here to support you. One day at a time Buddy and you can do it. Your in my prayers and best wishes to you.

1 Like

So Steve,how are you doing? Hope you’re feeling better.

1 Like

It’s about 130 pm here near chicago and I’m still in bed. Took some 12 hour medicine about an hour ago. I’m gonna get up and buy a thermometer soon to see if I have a fever. If I do I’m going to give my Dr a ring lol

2 Likes

Celestial Seasonings has some great hot teas for when you are sick. They have one called throat tamer and another that’s echinacea sleepytime. I know you mentioned your throat was sore. Teas always make me feel better. Get well soon!

1 Like

Yes tea is my favorite, i have a pot on rn. :tea:

3 Likes

I drink lots of tea. I have not been sick since I quit drinking, though! I used to get sinus infections and colds about every 2 months. Iowa’s crappy weather doesn’t help, though. Anyways. Emergen-c, lots of tea, and water. Get some rest!

2 Likes