Sickleave?

Hello again guys

Im reaching out once again. Im not sure how much of this is due to my addiction. But im sure i can find a few on here which has maybe gone through this.

Since start of december 2019 i got sick with the flu. Just after that i was hospitalized with a strong allergic reaction, which caused breathing issues, i was home for 9 days after, my body was just wasted and needed to recover. I then went back to work for 3 days and then had christmas holiday, where i was sick once more with a cold. The 26th i lost a family member and again the 31th of december. I was in a dark place. Went to work but just after a few days i catched another flu it has lasted for about 2,5 week (been at work on and off - bc of bad consious) and now i have got a horrible infection in a tooth which has spread to the chin and jaw and im “looking forward” to an operation in 10 days.

So i have really hit the bottom here. Im sad and having a bad consious all the time. For not being at work (im a student with periods of practise learning) so im going to the doctor today. Im affraid of a relapse of my depression and anxeity and right now i dont think it looks good.

So would you if you were in my position ask for a sickleave at the doctor to try to get better.

:heart:

So sorry to hear about your health problems. Things will get better. Just hang in there. I think you should ask for sick leave and take some time off. Recovery is tough. You need to give yourself time and take care of yourself. I think you should give your recovery the highest priority and get well before you tackle anything else.

2 Likes

Thanks alot. I was just wondering if my body maybe was stressed out and thats maybe why im getting sick all the time

:100: yes you need to recover properly

1 Like

Thanks Emma. I wad just wondering if i was doing the right thing here. At one point im feeling good going for the sickleave papers but the next minut my stomach hurts and i think its wrong and that i will let people down

Recovery it your no 1 it alwsys needs to be those ppl you feel you will let down would understand.go get that sick note you :100: needs this I’d say if you are having a op in 10 days I’d say ask for one for 4/6 weeks this could be the beginning of your new healthier life if you don’t take this your health will get worse .give yourself self-care self love and give yourself time

1 Like

Thanks Emma. I was looking for 1,5 month since i then will be able to attend a new class and a new practise, and start on a fresh without feeling guilty or pre-judge because of all the sickness already. I need to be at a place were they believe in me rather than just think oh she will call in sick next week too.

As a former HR person, documents documents documents. Bring in notes and obituaries when asking for leave and then they cant fire you for having a rough time. Federal laws prevent that even in a right to work state.

Okay. I dont have many papers, but i have called my doctor every time i have been sick so that they could write it down. I have papers from the hospital in december and while waiting for going to the doctors appointment in an hour i have been writing down the dates from my calender, where i have been sick as well as all the symptomes i have had.

I think you need to take time heal and get yourself healthy. I think the guilt of calling in sick so much is getting to you. Can you talk to your employer and be honest about what’s going on? I would feel the same way. At the end of the day, if you get yourself healthy, you’ll be a better employee. Whether it’s at this job or somewhere else :hugs:

1 Like

I cant talk honestly about it all about psysical sickness i can but not about the mental things they dont or wont understand i dont know. On my way tp thw doctors appointment, will let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

So went to the doctor and got some doctor i didnt know and apart from that he was Norwegian which means there was some communication (im danish) problems but hope he understood me. He told me to come and pick up the papers tomorrow morning because he needed some other doctor to help him. Dont know if he was an intern or something. But he told me he would call if something was changed due to our agreement and he hasnt, so hope Everything is in place so i can just pick it up tomorrow.