Side effects of quiting

Interesting you’re having dreams! Maybe cuz your sleep is crap? Does it seem like they help you “purge”, make it worse, or just an observation?
Yep. The SUGAR! Day 19 and I worked my way through another handful of spice drops, Reese’s pieces, and sweet tarts. I’m an idiot. I won’t buy in bulk like that again. I am here for my “discipline” issues. :laughing:
I countered my sugar binge by eating nothing else but fruit and steamed veggies. Thankfully I don’t have weight issues other than a self-induced muffin top that goes away every time I tackle sobriety. But my pancreas will suffer!
On a side note, ever try 10 mg Melatonin to help you sleep? Thebidy produces it naturally, and if you take it within 30-min of sleeping, it helps. And if you wake up, you can get up and pee, and you think, “Ugh, I want be able to fall asleep…” and next thing ya know, Zzzzzzzzz. Doesn’t make you groggy. Doesn’t mess you up.

1 Like

That chart :point_up: is pretty accurate to my experience. I think your drinking patterns play a big role in it. I was hitting it really hard the couple weeks before I quit. Nights 2 and 3 were the worst. Slept maybe 3 hours in 3 nights. Soaked the sheets with the most pungent smelling sweat. Tremors and uncontrollable shaking. Had auditory hallucinations. That was scary but I kept telling myself it wasnt real and that helped some. By day 5 the worst was over and I finally slept 8 hours straight and woke up feeling amazing. The improvement in how you will feel physically is quite dramatic. It then turns into a mental game. You wont feel great every day but keep pushing thru. I’d rather be a little sad and depressed here and there than the way I felt on a daily basis hungover. You can do this.

1 Like