Signed myself up for rehab

Hey everyone I’m back. Last year at 25 years old I went to my first AA meeting and then thought I could beat it on my own after a while, we’ll I was wrong. But I’m proud to say I realized that I needed a bit more professional help so I enrolled myself in rehab. This time I am terrified because It’s a 30 day program but again I am proud because I know it’s the best first step (well third first step lol) but with that being said my journey begins again and I’m motivated to clean up my life. I’m 4 days sober as of right now and rehab starts in 2 days. Wish me luck!

28 Likes

Congratulations on your 4 days of sobriety Marcos. And good job finding a rehab to go to for 30 days. You can learn so much and get the support you need. Very courageous of you to make this great next step in your recovery. Rehab was a life saver for both my kids in their 20’s. It’s worth it and so are you.
Good Bless you in this journey and give you strength.
:pray:t2::heart:
I hope you will still be able to find the time to share your knowledge on here a get and give support.

4 Likes

Thank you so much I will definitely try my best. Having a community like this is so reassuring and helpful for me especially on this journey!

4 Likes

You’ve come to a decision to seek help. You’re talking a deliberate step and making a commitment. These things took me decades to do, but when I did them, I was able to stay sober.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey,

5 Likes

Thank you so much. I appreciate the kind words. I am committed and ready to make my change!

3 Likes

I think it’s awesome you know yourself enough to know when you need some external help.
I myself am almost to two months and I still would like to do an outpatient rehab when I have the insurance.
I just want that extra help with all the things I neglected to take care of the first few attempts. Congrats to you and happy to see you on the right track❤️

5 Likes

Your commitment and desire are strong for a sober, wonderful life. You have been blessed! Take advantage of this opportunity and sharpen your tool belt while there. This made me smile. Fantastic decision, you should be proud. Let your love light shine!

4 Likes

Good job on 4 days! Use all the tools offered when you go to rehab. You can do it✌️

2 Likes

Welcome back! Congratulations on the steps you are taking

2 Likes

Great job! 100 hours!! That’s awesome and it only gets better.

With rehab, they’ll make sure you’re comfortable, healthy and whatever you put in, you’ll exponentially double what you get out.

Listen, don’t talk. Hear and take the time for you and your health, especially your mental health - how you got where ya got n not get there again!

All of us are rooting for you and many of us have been there, but weren’t as tough as you. Maybe forced into rehab or detox then rehab. Careful with your detox, and make sure you’re working with someone over the next two weeks - they should refer you locally, to make sure you’re being monitored and stay healthy.

Only a couple of drugs and accompanying withdrawal symptoms can be very ugly; benzodiazepines and alcohol.
I don’t know your story; binge once or twice a week or daily ‘all-day’ consumer. The latter, depending how long can be bad for your health without supervision.
Not to mention terrifying and scary as hell.

If you end up experiencing DTs, delirium @ all, shaking, racing pulse or low pulse, hi/low BP, insomnia or restless legs, chest pains, dizziness or nausea, dehydration - there’s a lot to be cognizant of and truly seek a professional out close who can help you with your withdrawals if you’re detoxing ahead of treatment

Many facilities do both but you’re smart getting ahead of the game.

Good luck, have faith, don’t try to do it by yourself and find a sponsor you’re comfortable speaking with openly and honestly

Much love

You got this

Jaxx

3 Likes

Welcome back to TS and best wishes to you and your sobriety.
Rehab is a much needed place for those of us who are on that 24 hours a day cycle.

It saved my life and my career and now I & my HP continue it.

4 Likes

Excellent decision!! I wish you the absolute best. Take this time to focus 100% on you.

4 Likes

That is probably the best thing for you right now. You can get through this. Just keep taking it one day at a time.

3 Likes

All the best, mate. At war, every hole is a trench. So if it works for you, go on and on. Avoid boredom; plan something to do when you’re around. Being in an institution as a patient can be quite boring. But if you know your way around, it’ll come good. We’re here hoping and wishing you all the best.

But it’s not for me. I actually never believed in therapies that confine people to a place and that most don’t provide adequate care, like the one time I tried - plenty of sugary stuff and carbs for a diabetic’s diet, people dealing cocaine capsules and booze, cigarettes as currency - It wasn’t for me at all.

Maybe a few days as an inpatient 'till detox and get back to life with a strong network can be the way. Health professionals, family, friends, partners… My rehab experience, for the reasons I mentioned above, lasted for 8 hours. There’s a law here that one cannot be held against one’s will in any sort of institution, even hospitals. I had some banter with the psychologist, said “No can do, not for me” and left. But it had indeed a therapeutical effect - “If i have a sip, I can be back and I don’t want it”.

So it doesn’t matter the colour of the cat if it eats the rat, right?

All the best.

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like

Big decision with great rewards. Be proud of your choice. Hours, days, months, years become less chaotic. You will be able to thank yourself one day at a time.

1 Like

Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you, you sound very determined, I hope you heal. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much

Thank you I am

Congrats!! :partying_face::partying_face: