Signs someone is high

I’m pretty sure my bf is using again. I’ve been with a few people that used heroin before so I’m not oblivious to the signs and behaviors. The 1 that has always been a dead give away is the face they make when their zoning out and I dont mean nodding out. It’s hard to explain but it almost looks like they’re frowning and their eyes r really low even sometimes with the eyes rolled/rolling back but still slightly open. Can someone please tell me if this is a thing or am I wrong?.. also when I call him out on it he opens his eyes way more as if hes now alert and starts shaking his leg as if to keep himself from nodding out…

3 Likes

I mean yeah it could be a possibility. But at this point. Offer him love and support, you can’t control the situation, but you can control your actions, think of it if it was you. Would you want someone screaming and upset at you for fucking up, or would you want love and support

7 Likes

I do offer love and support but hes not being honest with me that’s the problem. And recently he fully detoxed on his own. Long story short he was taking methadone for a long time and I totaled my car so he was unable to go. It was hell but we made it through. I just get scared because I dont want to see him go down that path especially after completely detoxing.

1 Like

That’s definitely tough. From that point I don’t have any great advice. It’s hard to trust someone again. Just pray for him, I’m sure it will come out and he will be honest again. Just set some boundaries with him

2 Likes

If this is a threat to your sobriety, it is a problem. That’s the first question to answer here. Instincts are usually right.

2 Likes

I am only a drinker so it doesn’t effect me much. But the emotions anxiety and stress of what’s going on might. I also have 2 kids and have been down this path with their father a few times it’s not pretty and it’s not healthy. Idk what to do I’m honestly a wreck right now thinking about all of this. I’m just so sad…

I can’t imagine how hard this would be. As you care and love him. I’ll be sending prayers. Your sobriety and ability to take care of the kids does come first. He will have to have his own journey with sobriety if he chooses that path. Sending prayers.

2 Likes

You’re 100% right. Its the ‘gone face’ I know, without a doubt, every single time my man has done any type of opiate. He doesnt believe that his face changed but his eyes tell it all. Sorry you’re experiencing this, as I know it all too well.

1 Like

Yea I’ve seen it so many times on ppl but they all deny it’s a thing. It’s so sad to look at someone like that. Especially if u love them…

3 Likes

It is sad. When I met my man he had been to rehab after an OD, just 5 months before I met him. I didn’t quite understand the seriousness of the situation until the first time he admitted he was on oxys(about a year later).Its terrifying. All you want is more. I went down that path with him, bc my drinking made me wonder why he chose that, and so did I at that point. Bc my addict said ‘why not try it?’. Wish I would’ve never said yes, bc after that my drinking went crazy. To deal with withdrawals, and to feel the same ‘high’. It turned my addict into a whole new thing, not just the alcoholic I knew I was, but something that wanted more and could never obtain it. I know I cant blame him for my choices, even tho I have for too long. I just want the best for him. Bc I was sober for 5 months of our relationship, but I was then able to see the true damage opiates can cause. I’m still searching for the answer. Me not drinking helps but idk how long I can wait it out anymore.

2 Likes

Signs of herion use
Hyperactive
Over chattie
Over confident
Drowsiness
Pinned iris
Nodding off
Aratic behaviour ie cleaning ,tidying being super into doing something anything that at other times they wouldn’t move for.

The next morning

Sleeping in for much longer
Drowsiness
Lack of energy
Snappy

I hope this helps you out I’m an ex herion addict I used to be all theses and more

1 Like

DM sweet if you need an ear anytime night or day​:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I’m sensing a pattern here, and a dangerous one at that. Your bf is likely using, and you know this from previous relationships with users.
You have to guard your children and your own sobriety. As long as you continue to have romantic relationships or even friendships with active users, you will have addiction and drama in your life. All lives have a certain level of drama, but the drug life is on a whole different level.

I’m not saying that you should dump your bf right this moment, since his recent detox shows he does want to get clean. However, he will only kick this if he wants to. It doesn’t matter how much you love him or want him to get clean. He must do it for himself.

My advice: tell him that you believe he’s using. All the signs are there, and you choose to believe your eyes over his words. Tell him you will give him love and support if you see him actively seeking help, however you must plan for the real chance that he will choose the drugs over your relationship, and you have your kids to put first.

2 Likes