Single mom/ co parenting

I just need the most support I can get, I am co parenting now with my ex. I dropped off the kids today. I have been crying a lot these days. I am on day 11 of being sober, I have been trying to stay busy but I just figured I would let that out on this forum in hopes of getting help from someone. I do not want to drink. I don’t, this is just the hardest shit that I know it is for the best but it is so hard.
Peace and Love. Thank You.

13 Likes

Well it’s certainly a sign of success in sobriety by reaching out here for support versus relapsing and scratching your head about why in the morning. Think about how much more positive your interactions with your children will be with alcohol removed from the equation of your life.

8 Likes

Hey thank you @SoberGuyUSA yeah your right. I really really want to take them to Disney land so I guess I just need to focus on that and dwell on the bigger picture.

5 Likes

Thanks girl, yeah I am currently doing my nails and listening to oldies. I plan on sleeping early tonight, do some journaling and reading. @lorelai

4 Likes

Hey girl, i soooo know this feeling, you are not alone in it, im a single mother too and its no easy task…i know when i felt vunerable at the start of my sobriety my daughter was a big comfort to me so it made it even harder once she went to her dads…i totally agree with @lorelai to treat yourself…have this time to do what YOU like to do…i know that gets a bit lost when your often focused on being a mother but use this time to get back to you and working on you, it might sound silly but write a list of everything and anything u like…activities, foods, hobbies…by writing it down often things come up that youve forgotten about …my list is on my phone and if i feel a bit lost i check it and pick something off there to do. Trust me i know exactly how u feel u are not alone. Big love and hugs :heart: :people_hugging:

5 Likes

Thank you sweet heart @Starlight14, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post. That is a good idea I will make a list today!

2 Likes

Hang in there!!! I have been through what you are going through. That was 11 years ago. I used to cry while driving and in the shower. I think those were the only times no one was looking at me. Allow yourself to cry. Feel all of the feelings. It will get better and easier. I promise! You are strong!!

2 Likes

Hey
Just wanted to let you know that i understand…my first 3 months where so hard…speed and weed have been part of my life for so long…i knew i didnt want to take some again…but i just felt so lost without it…and when i didnt have my kids it was just worst…i felt so useless…i would go in my bed and just cry till i fell asleep…try to find something you like doing to change your mind…i started keeping a journal and i would write things I love about myself that had Nothing to do with my physical apperence. It helped me a lot. Watching tv shows or movies i like… find what you like and just do it…remember to be indulgent towards yourself and be your best friend…you got this beautiful
:heart:

4 Likes

Hey that is true! I didn’t even realize that, its crazy the things that can happen in only 2 weeks!!

3 Likes

Thank You my dear!!! Peace and Love

2 Likes

Yeah it is definitely going to take some time to get use to this new life, but you are right. I need to learn to love myself I don’t think I know how

5 Likes

You dont have to know how…it becomes apparent over time when u stay sober and do the work on yourself… it really is a journey but getting to know yourself again is a great journey, its not always easy but so worth it :heart:

3 Likes

Sending you a :people_hugging: and congratulations on your days! :tada:
I also am a single parent who is co-parenting. We’re all in this together, one day at a time :heartpulse:

3 Likes

@Gonzolady happy for you for your sobriety and that you’re reaching out here. Lots of support here for you.

3 Likes