Six months free

I hit six months free and clean of alcohol & drugs today! I used to never think I would ever reach this day. Like I always hoped and wished for it, but never really truly thought it was achievable for me. And now here I am.
I am so beyond happy, proud, and grateful for my last 6 months and so determined for my next 6, and 6 after that and so on.
So for everyone just starting their journey with sobriety, or struggling with their sobriety; you really can do it, even when you feel like you can’t. Stick to it and you will reach your goals. And it is so freeing and rewarding. You deserve to feel that.

31 Likes

That’s AWESOME!!! Congratulations! :tada:

Thank you! It feels awesome!

1 Like

So very happy for you!! It is crazy how it feels so impossible and then you do it!!! Great job!!

1 Like

You’re very welcome and I bet! You should feel super proud!

You’ve done SO well!! :heart: Congrats love! What is your favorite change in your first 6 months so far? I

1 Like

Thank you! It really is, but it just goes to show what you feel like is the end of the world at one point, really isn’t. And proves how strong we are.

1 Like

Thank you! What an awesome question! I would have to say my favorite thing about the change (although I have quite a few) would be my will power. I used to feel like I had no will power and I was so weak & I had lost all control of my will. And now I’ve gained my will power back, I am in control again. And it’s spread to other areas of my life as well, other than just drinking or using. So my ability to control my will and power to resist temptations has changed my life significantly.

4 Likes

Well done, congrats on 6 months. Looking ahead, 6 months seems like a lifetime, looking back, a blink. Keep looking forward, it will prolong your life…

2 Likes

Absolutely true. I can feel how much healthier my body is, & I am making healthier choices, both consciously & unconsciously.
Thank you.

1 Like

That is such great news. Congratuations!!

Thank you! Loving the new pic btw!

Congratulations @psequinn

Thank you!

1 Like

Love to hear that!!! Thanks for giving me hope.

Keep pushing through! It gets better & it’s so worth it

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!

1 Like

Thank you!

This is so awesome…congrats to you…

1 Like