Skateboarding

Only Skateboarding - A place to post pics of you having fun on your board.

Where did you start,

Please, no politics, no religion and no sad life stories.

12 Likes

I like smooth crusing, my old Sector 9

7 Likes

I love the wood tones on my new Omakase

5 Likes

Double truck, Gull Wings

7 Likes

First two photos are downtown Jacksonville like three years ago. The second two are in Tucson where I’m currently at a couple miles from my house there is this drainage spot that has a bunch of hips and concrete ramps

Learned how to skateboard in Pennsylvania with my brother probably at 6 or 7 … 33 now … Mainly used to look for street spots, always in the street skating. I can’t jump down too many things like I used to or rails and the stairs, but I still can have fun on flat ground. Or just basic tricks. Skateboarding has always been a part of my life. Probably always will be

12 Likes

I skated for a looooong time before life, work and injury took over. It was everything. Got quite good. Was photographed for a skate mag once, but they didn’t end up using the pics :unamused:
I have very little in the way of live pics or footage.
I do have a couple pics of some of my sticker collection I still have. Few very rare ones in there.
:+1::call_me_hand:

9 Likes

Sweet pics, thx for posting.

1 Like

Yessss, look at that sweet collection, love it

2 Likes

That’s fantastic, thx for posting,

1 Like

7 o’clock in Tucson. About to go skate some flat ground at the school next to my apartment. Hope everybody has a Good Friday night !! :grinning:

2 Likes

Started skating in my middle school days, but then stopped my sophomore year in High School. Trying to get back into it.

4 Likes

That’s awesome. I got back into it about six months ago. The first couple weeks my legs felt like Jell-O or something trying to Skateboard . I like skating flat ground and banks the most, sometimes some small ledges but I mostly just take it super chill now. It definitely gets me out of my head. And I always feel better after skating. Look for places to skate pretty close to my apartment but I Haven’t gone to any parks in Tucson yet.

2 Likes

I had the same board :heart: that was my baby

2 Likes

I always wanted to skate but lived with my grandparents on a gravel only road. I’m 51 now and probably would need a starter board the size of a sheet of plywood… have fun you guys & please consider helmets if you don’t already use em!

4 Likes

Same here, bro. My legs felt heavy. I can’t land a kick flip to save my life, or I’m too afraid to eat shit lol. I’m 33 years old now, it’s not the same. Def feels good riding and getting a breather.

2 Likes

Some kind of event going on at the school that I usually skate at going to try to find somewhere else

2 Likes

I can skate and do basic tricks you know Ollie. Kick flips, stuff like that if I try to grind the only thing I grind Is my face on the sidewalk,

It’s something I might get more into but I was always a BMX bike guy, kinda where I always felt at home. Lots of cool parks around here to skate BMX at most guys there are pretty cool, you find your line to run and we all have a blast

1 Like

Yeah I feel you on that. I’ve been skating this like $20 Walmart board and basketball shoes but it’s Still a lot of fun. The trucks and wheels are actually not bad it’s just the board is super heavy or the deck I mean. Eventually I’ll probably get a premade complete on skate warehouse. Probably get an enjoy or something something old-school, maybe toy machine, some venture Lows, 49 mm Ricta wheels …

Yeah when I first started with BMX again I got a cheap mongoose bike Walmart brand just to get the feel for it again thing weighed a ton. But I didn’t want to spend a fortune on a bike to sit in the corner. Spring time is here kinda. Mother Nature can’t make up her mind, so I’m thinking of investing in something a little more sturdy and user friendly

1 Like

Exactly. It’s doing its purpose and Working for now. Definitely grateful. We have a BMX bike here I think it’s a mongoose maybe I’ll try to do a couple bar spins here and there and some simple stuff But I’m definitely terrified of BMX. I can eat crap down A 10 stair on a Skateboard And I’m fine, but terrified to try a wheelie on a BMX