Skin color when drinking?

I wonder if anyone are aware or concious what color their skin is when you are an alcoholic…my face turns red as if sun burned and hot to touch as if feverish the moment i take my first drink. I hat this red alcoholic face…dont want to look in the mirror anymore, today is my 1st sober day…all alone in new town…just my 3 dogs for company as we are busy relocating…husband comes every 4-6 weeks to visit as he still works in another town and province. I would like to know if my skin will loose the redness and return to normal color?

3 Likes

Show me your transformations!
It can be a really good motivation to look at before and after pictures of yourself. When we’re in active addiction we’re in denial of the harm we’re doing to ourselves but it really shows in our faces, especially the skin and eyes.

1 Like

Congratulations on your first day. It does get better with time! Be patient, work hard on your sobriety and life changes for the better.

1 Like

Everybody already Gave great advice about it for an after pictures. I put 30 days is a good indicator of when a lot of the physical changes really take four! Hang in there, don’t go back. Just go forward! You should be proud of yourself

1 Like

I have permanent broken capillaries in both cheeks that will need laser treatment to remove. Sucks but is what it is. There are lots of products to cover rosacea or broken capillaries. General redness will dissipate.

3 Likes