Sleep is so illusive

Unfortunately opiates users wouldn’t feel the effects of theses over the counter prouducts …:pray:

I know…I really do know this…I am procrastinating.

1 Like

Tbh it’s on my list aswell

1 Like

I figgered

1 Like

Exercise. Having a routine including going to bed at same time. No devices.
I don’t always follow my own advice but know this works for me .

Unfortunately that’s kinda how it goes for the first month or so in my experience. Heavier prescription drugs may help it but I wasn’t going for those so I stuck it out.

Working out and getting your body tired naturally helps. At 18 days you’re getting close to being through it. Keep moving forward, don’t relapse just to sleep! It gets better

I’m on my 6 month and I have such trouble falling and staying asleep. I take 20mg of melatonin and 100mg of trazadone to fall asleep but about 3 hours later I’m up about every 2 hours. I have a really bad habit of looking at the clock and counting down the time till my alarm goes off. It never fails because that is when I’m sleeping the deepest.

1 Like

Dont try to force it. When I was getting clean and sober I found it works best to just sleep when you need to. Generally speaking, you’ll feel more rested if you spend less time tossing and turning in bed for 3 hrs than if you just went to bed tired and fell asleep within minutes. You still get the same amount of sleep but you wont be as wired.

1 Like

Some ppl struggle for months others it takes well over a year to right the sleep pattern of a opiate user

1 Like

I have the opposite problem. I have to set two alarms just to hopefully wake up in the morning. I could sleep and sleep for hours past any reasonable duration

1 Like